Washington State in the Fall

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Flyhound
100+ Posts

Washington State in the Fall

Post by Flyhound »

It's been a GREAT couple of weeks for flying here in the Pacific Northwest. A week ago I was at Bremerton airport and I saw the Grumman I owned back in the early 1980s. My partner at the time and I put the paint scheme on the plane that it still sports and it still looks good. I still prefer my Maule that is parked next to it.

This is a shot of Mount Rainier looking over the last of the forest fire smoke that plagued our area all summer

Here's Roche Harbor airport from 2,500'. My wife and I saw a LOT of humpback whales from the air this day

When it is good here, it is VERY good!

This shows some lakes on Orcas Island and Eastsound. We had lunch in town here. KORS is a fabulous 20 minute hop from 0S9 where our plane is based.

This is the view from the Madrona Bar & Grill where we had lunch in the town of Eastsound on Orcas Island. The town is a short walk from the airport.

Here's the view of Sucia Island on takeoff from Orcas

Here's a shot of our "glory" on the fog over Whidbey Island as we flew to the San Juans

Here's sunset over Hood Canal on the way home
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

Thanks for posting the pics.

I agree, when it's nice, there is no where in the country more beautiful than Washington.

I was in the mountians myself yesterday, but in the Benz rather than the Maule.

My Lord it was beautiful! The girlfriend and I drove over Stevens Pass just for the fun of it. The fall foliage was marvelous. Then we spent part of the day in Leavenworth and drove home through the desert at sunset.

Wonderful place, on a clear day. :D
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

I need an extra napkin to contain the drool! What a trip!

I miss living out there. Until I remember how long it takes to get from Seattle's East Side to downtown during rush hour. :)

~Chris
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

I'm semi-retired, so I don't live in Seattle. The consulting I do can be accomplished form anywhere, so I'm based in the quaint Victorian seaport of Port Townsend. When I need something from Seattle, I fly to Boeing Field and take an Uber ride. Then I fly home. No I-5 traffic problems for me!

Before moving here I lived in the DC area and the traffic was as bad there as anything Seattle has to offer. Add the hassles of flying in the SFRA to the ground traffic and overall DC was much worse.

Most big cities are a pain to get around in. I prefer living in a small town with airplane access to a big city when necessary.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.