Alaska to Connecticut in 4 days

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

jsperin wrote:Planning a Moose hunting trip with a friend of mine who lives in Anchorage next year. Fly the Maule in the summer up and back out after the hunt. SE Michigan to Anchorage and Fairbanks area. hopefully taking some days to go explore some of Alaska's beauty along the way.

Nice Pictures and great that your Daughter was able and wanted to do the trip with you.
Be sure to come find me; I can point you to some great places to play. Maybe even join you if the timing lines up with after work or days off. Glad to you flying your bird up!

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

Congratulations on the new-to-you Maule. Crossing all the way from Alaska to the NE in 4 days is pretty brutal. Now that the plane is at its new home, here's hoping you'll be able to enjoy some more leisurely flying. When you get the chance, come spend some more time in the Northwest. We have a lot to offer. In the meantime, best wishes for you, the plane and your talented daughter.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

gdflys
100+ Posts

Post by gdflys »

Mountain Doctor wrote:Great pics, thanks for taking the time to share them.

I'd love to see some pics from CT and New England if you have any, I lieved there for a few years when I was at Yale.

Have not been back since. I get hives if I travel east of the Continental Divide.
Almost Peak here now. Visited N41 Waterbury Plymouth today to fly with my brother in his 1957 C-172. The field is surrounded in color. I plan to take my daughter up tomorrow evening and get better shots than my iPhone can do. Might even take the back doors off.

Image by gdflys1gregflys, on Flickr

ImageUntitled by gdflys1gregflys, on Flickr[/img]

jsperin

Post by jsperin »

[quote="Andy Young"][quote="jsperin"]Planning a Moose hunting trip with a friend of mine who lives in Anchorage next year. Fly the Maule in the summer up and back out after the hunt. SE Michigan to Anchorage and Fairbanks area. hopefully taking some days to go explore some of Alaska's beauty along the way.

Nice Pictures and great that your Daughter was able and wanted to do the trip with you.[/quote]

Be sure to come find me; I can point you to some great places to play. Maybe even join you if the timing lines up with after work or days off. Glad to you flying your bird up![/quote]

I will be pinging you Andy for advice early next year and will defiantly keep you appraised of my travel plans. Right now my plan is to start moving the plane towards Alaska on a scenic westerly tour of the lower 48 mountains in early summer between trips. Arriving in Anchorage area sometime late June to early July, then tour Alaska between trips over the remainder of the summer. Flying back at the end of September or early October.
1986 M5-235C
4AK6

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

JSperin,

Do keep me apprised of your plans, but no need to be "defiant" about it. ;-)

jsperin

Post by jsperin »

[quote="Andy Young"]JSperin,

Do keep me apprised of your plans, but no need to be "defiant" about it. ;-)[/quote]

LOL
1986 M5-235C
4AK6

51598Rob
100+ Posts

Post by 51598Rob »

Don't do it with an unreasonable time constraint. I got my Maule in Fairbanks, and brought it back to the North West in four days. Saw lots, and didn't feel pressured to skip a side track. slept under the wing some, and hitch hiked to town some. We had perfect weather most of the time and a relaxed, memorable (good that is) experience.
Let Freedom Prevail