R49 Wings over Republic

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Christine
Site Admin

R49 Wings over Republic

Post by Christine »

4 Maules found their way to Republic on this beautiful Friday evening. (1 left already, at least one more is arriving for breakfast). The fires around here spared us from smoky air but provided us with a magnificent sunset. Photos will follow
Christine
06WN '88 MX7-180 MaulePilots.org Founder
ck "at" maulepilots "dot" org

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

I heard there was a fatal crash during the airshow. That is a terrible thing to witness and does not bode well for future airshows at that location. For all the beauty flying exposes us to, it also extracts a terribly high price at times.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Flyhound wrote:I heard there was a fatal crash during the airshow. That is a terrible thing to witness and does not bode well for future airshows at that location. For all the beauty flying exposes us to, it also extracts a terribly high price at times.
There was no air show at Republic (a flyin gathering) and as far as I know no crash, luckily. Maybe somewhere else?
Christine
06WN '88 MX7-180 MaulePilots.org Founder
ck "at" maulepilots "dot" org

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

Sorry, I rechecked. The crash was at the Airshw Of The Cascades in Madras, OR. I'm glad the Republic gathering went off without a hitch.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.