Thursday tour of the Central Cascades

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
TomD
100+ Posts

Thursday tour of the Central Cascades

Post by TomD »

Got a late start so some of the DA's were a bit up there but all in all a beautiful day. Bandera, Easton, Tieton ( then battery ran out on GoPro) and on to Vaughn Ranch.

Bit long'ish video here: https://vimeo.com/177661000

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

Wonderful Washington tour!

The DA at Rimrock/Tieton can be a PIA late in the day. At least safe to climb around the lake. Glad you had a good ride. :D
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

nice Tom. Get yourself a prop filter for your camera, they are pretty cheap these days.
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

TomD
100+ Posts

Prop

Post by TomD »

I think mounted on the wing the Prop bothers me less than others. I am assuming it is a ND filter. What number ND is suggested?

The Jello is still there but just figured I am going to have to live with it or make bleeping huge files at 60fps in order to make it go away.

Next investment is a larger battery. The "hold my beer and watch this" crowd does not seem to need long battery life.....battery life should not exceed that of the user?

TD

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

Great looking country out there on the left coast. Be respectful of " The hold my beer and watch this crowd " for I have been one of them more times than I would like to admit :wink:
The best Government, is less Government.

BamaMaule

Post by BamaMaule »

Great video, Tom. Scenery is beautiful and the choice of background music is very fitting - "I'll Fly Away" and "Unclouded Day". Wasn't sure of the third one. Well Done! Enjoyed it.
Greg
1980 M5-180C

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Pretty country!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

Greg said:
Wasn't sure of the third one.

Code: Select all

"Life is like a mountain Railway."   not as appropriate but nice tune anyway.

BIG fan of Bluegrass.  

TD

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

I love Tieton State. I'll have to pitch my tent there before the summer is over. I guess I'd better hurry because the days are already getting shorter. On the filter issue, the darkness of the neutral density filter needed depends on the day. I have an ND2, ND4 & ND8 (I never use the 8 ) but I also have a circular polarizer and that is what I use most of the time now. It gets rid of the prop artifacts and the glare at the same time. Woo Hoo!
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

Thanks Gary.

One caution about camping at Tieton. Since it is right beside Highway 12 and not that far from Yakima, there are often pretty noisy and rowdy groups camping there. If you are looking for a peaceful place to spend and evening, Tieton may not be the best choice.

TD

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

Tom: If I camp there it will be on a weekday. That makes it a LOT quieter. I might wait until after school starts. There is still good weather and that would further reduce the potential for noisemakers. Thanks for the reminder.

Gary
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

Let us know when you go. I'd like to go there myself, maybe a Wednesday and Thursday night.
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843