Prince William Sound

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
cubnak

Prince William Sound

Post by cubnak »

Did another first time run out into Prince William Sound with the family the other day, had a great stretch of weather and kinda felt like we were visiting Southern California beaches instead of Alaskan beaches! Spent the night on Hichinbrook Island and spent a day walking around Cordova, lots of fun and gotta admit I'm digging these long range cruises with the Maule!

BatMaule
100+ Posts

Post by BatMaule »

That is super cool Ernie. Glad to see the whole family is enjoying the Maule. That trip just would not be possible in a Cub.

We were west of Seward for two days during the same stretch of weather. I'll post photos later. Got sunburned while paddle-boarding and the sand and beaches are also SoCal like. Days like these...why do people live anywhere else?
1983 M6-235
The "BatMaule"

MrHRC

Post by MrHRC »

Great beach!
When all else fails... Try again.

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

nice pics, post more!
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

Your pictures of Prince William Sound made me remember our trip to Alaska in 2008. My wife and I took a helicopter ride from Girdwood in a Robinson R44 and I took this picture as we took off from a rock in the sound about 100 yards from calving glaciers. I think it was called seven glaciers and there were sea lions lounging on the frozen part of the sound around the rock on May 15. I was hoping the pilot/owner would let me fly it, but no such luck. He was a good pilot, though. Set it down on that rock without a twitch.

Andy
1986 MX7-180

cubnak

Post by cubnak »

Sweet pics Andy, that is an awesome place there. We actually cruised up to the same glaciers searching for a place to land and do more beach combing but with a warm day and the family on board I didn't even try anything, some day when I'm light I may go back and take a closer look at a couple beaches. But most of that country is very inhospitable for the fixed wing crowd and the whirlybird is the way to go!