Where to fly?

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Mog
100+ Posts

Where to fly?

Post by Mog »

So I'm stumped on where to fly for fun when I don't have a specific mission. I have a few airports here north of Dallas I head to for practice but I'm lost in how to find fun new places to explore. I feel like NM offered more places to explore but TX seems limited unless you are way south or way west.

Do you guys explore on the net and go from there? I'm not overly interested in paved runways. Grass or dirt is preferred. Am I just in the wrong place for good exploring? I'm in the same funk with my off-road trucks here in TX as it's just not the same as wandering aimlessly in the desert etc.

firstmaule4

Post by firstmaule4 »

south down to Junction then south to pick up the Frio river down to Uvalde over to the Nueces river then to Del Rio to the Devils river will be a 6 hour trip from Fort worth and back that is beautiful this time a year after all the rain and the rivers are clear and aqua blue right now. Not many dirt strips but well worth the beautiful scenery.

Maule988ms
100+ Posts

Post by Maule988ms »

Adventure pilots.com

Maule988ms
100+ Posts

Post by Maule988ms »

Whoops. Adventurepilot.com

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

Maule988ms wrote:Whoops. Adventurepilot.com
This is a really good start!! Thanks.

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

firstmaule4 wrote:south down to Junction then south to pick up the Frio river down to Uvalde over to the Nueces river then to Del Rio to the Devils river will be a 6 hour trip from Fort worth and back that is beautiful this time a year after all the rain and the rivers are clear and aqua blue right now. Not many dirt strips but well worth the beautiful scenery.
Oddly enough this is somewhat on my list. I'm still gun shy about getting too far out into the sticks until I get more faith in my engine but once I do I will be heading that way.