Hay Gary ?

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
captnkirk
100+ Posts

Hay Gary ?

Post by captnkirk »

Went to get a quote on ADS-b install over at Twin Lakes Avionics. So I thought I would stop at Gary's on the way home. I almost didn't stop I saw he had hay down and you can separate your friends from everyone else by asking them to help with hay. One circle and I couldn't see any bailers so I figured it would be safe. Gary I see they are burying that power line and you cut some trees you've been busy. Sorry I missed you but I'll try again.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Sorry Capt. that I missed you. No problem with the hay. I don't do that stuff. A neighboring farm handles that but I keep the runway cut closer so no hay on the runway.

Yep, power company been here two days now. Looks like one or two more. That wire is huge. The last piece on the reel came up about 6 ft short so they will splice it going up the pole tomorrow. Was glad to see them since they felt like it would be the first of April. In their defense the larger wire had to be ordered.

Looking forward to talking with you about your ADS-B plans. Finished our install last weekend and flew the Operational Flight Evaluation on Sunday. Report was clean except for one short loss of GPS integrity. Upon further diagnosis (which I should have accomplished earlier) found that comm between 121.175 and 121.275 causes such a loss. Ordered up a notch filter today so we"ll give it another try. Not a problem with the install but with the GPS install some years ago.

BTW, the guys from the power company commented on how close you looked when you came over the wires. Told them that we flew with that kind of precision. Think they saw why it needed to be buried.

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

I was just validating the reason for burying the line and to give them some thing to talk about during lunch. I also flew by a buddy's place nw of Marion he has a line across the runway. not sure I'll be stopping there anytime soon. I would need to walk it first. I think he can move it just needs to get the power company to help $$ .
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

$$ is the key.