Peaceable Hill Shoreham, VT

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Victor Gennaro
100+ Posts

Peaceable Hill Shoreham, VT

Post by Victor Gennaro »

If any of you enjoy Upland Bird Hunting Peaceable is a great place. The best part is they have a 900 ft grass strip in the middle of the farm where you can land. The Farm is on a 230 degree heading 10mi south west of the Middlebury VT airport. I used my Fore Flight app and was able to find the Farm on the satellite images. I put in a flight plan to Middlebury which then gave me a line on the map which I then dragged down to the farm and designed my own flight plan. I found it easily. Glen the owner is a pilot and welcomes people to fly in. They have excellent hunting dogs and stock birds so the hunting is really fun. The runway is north/south and the winds usually favor the north. There is a wind sock. The Champlain Valley is beautiful and there is plenty to do there besides hunting. Check it out.

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

My wife and I spent several days at Basin Harbor Club on Lake Champlain back in 2007. Beautiful place! It's about 17 miles NW of Middlebury airport.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

Victor Gennaro
100+ Posts

Post by Victor Gennaro »

I've been to Basin Harbor as well. The runway is the smoothest grass strip I've ever landed on. The golf course is nice also.

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

Victor Gennaro wrote:I've been to Basin Harbor as well. The runway is the smoothest grass strip I've ever landed on. The golf course is nice also.
Victor,
You sure you didn't land on the golf course and golf on the runway, by mistake? ;).