A great day in the Northwest

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

A great day in the Northwest

Post by Mountain Doctor »

Beautiful calm cool clear skies today. I decided to do some practice on a friends 1,000 foot strip in a shallow canyon on the Columbia. With low density altitude I felt like I has a 235 and climbout was a breeze! Wish it was always like that.

Then over to a friend's farm. His strip is about 2,000 by 20 or so, but a little challenging due to the rolling hills it is on. Clear approach and departure and nothing to hit on either side makes it fun and easy.

Then over to Desert Air. They have 1,000 of turf there next to the runway. I landed a few there and headed to Cashmere, in the Washington Cascades. From there borrowed the airport van for a drive to Leavenworth.

Tammy had a sinus infection and my other friends either had family stuff, work, or were out of town so this was a solo day.
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

It certainly looks like it was a great day. Beautiful country out there on the Left cost. Is that a hydroelectric damn in one of the pictures?
The best Government, is less Government.

MrHRC

Post by MrHRC »

Awesome!
When all else fails... Try again.

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

VA Maule wrote:It certainly looks like it was a great day. Beautiful country out there on the Left cost. Is that a hydroelectric damn in one of the pictures?
I think the name of the dam is Wanapum. It is indeed hydroelectric. Most of our electricity here is hydroelectric or nuclear.
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

Doc, you are having way too much fun!!