May have picked the wrong day

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
captnkirk
100+ Posts

May have picked the wrong day

Post by captnkirk »

Took the wife for a hundred dollar BBQ sandwich. But it may have been the wrong day. It was calm when we left. We took the long way around CLT to see the mountains and by the time we got to Cartage the wind was gusting around. Most of it was a direct x-wind the wind sock said one thing but smoke from a fire said something else. Elected to go around on the first approach seem like we had a tail wind below the trees. Anyway the second one must of been between the gusts, we got in with out everyone running out to watch. Great food for an airport we'll be back. Headed home and it was getting pretty rough my good wife never complained. She was doing a lot of sight seeing until we got home, she closed her eyes for the landing. Again strong crosswind but once we got below the trees they blocked it a great deal. The xm weather and what I could pick up on my phone connection had show gusts to 18 but the weather station at home had a high gust of 25. Oh by the way it is bug season now spent a bit cleaning the wind shield and leading edges.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

Good driving.

Good choice on marital unit as well.

Strong crosswind you'll need to wipe bugs off side of plane in addition to leading edges. :lol:
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Yes I have a real keeper she's easy on the eyes and has a good sense of humor for a girl. 8)
Kirk Johnson

Steelroamer
100+ Posts

Post by Steelroamer »

Lucky for you. Mine still won't fly with me.......maybe because I have my eyes closed most of the time as well!.....maybe

Roamer
There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing

Beamerpilot
100+ Posts

Post by Beamerpilot »

What I always found interesting was that mine was always comfortable sitting in the back in "cattle class" with me flying but not so while I fly our airplane...
Maybe the F/O is the comfort factor... :lol:

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Perhaps it's the size of the bus.

Mine will hop on to ride the bus with Captnkirk and his crowd to visit the grandkids on a regular basis but never offers to crawl in the Maule with me. Or.... Perhaps it's just me. Either way she has her things and this is one of mine. Not all bad.

MauleMechanic
100+ Posts

Post by MauleMechanic »

If one more person says smoke or fire.....I will steal gas from your airplane :P

MauleMechanic
100+ Posts

Post by MauleMechanic »

If one more person says smoke or fire.....I will steal gas from your airplane :P

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Looks like NC is getting their moneys worth out of you. We saw a couple of fires on our BBQ run. Leaving CLT today looked like some more smoke in the hills but the wife said we where getting rain at my place. Maybe it will slow down for a day or two.
Kirk Johnson