Evidence of Spring

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Flyhound
100+ Posts

Evidence of Spring

Post by Flyhound »

I flew my wife up to the Skagit Valley today to see the tulip fields. Some fields were doing well, but most seem a week or two away from peak bloom. The daffodils were out though. Not a bad way to burn a couple gallons of 100LL...

Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

That is spectacular

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

That is beautiful. For all the years I've lived up here, I have not made it out there to see the tulips bloom. You inspired me. Maybe I will take a ride out there today. Thanks for sharing the nice pictures.
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

Beamerpilot
100+ Posts

Post by Beamerpilot »

My wife's reaction when I showed her the picture "Wow...how long does it take to fly there?"

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Wow! Very nice. Love the colors!

Most of our show is gone here but the rivers haven't broken up yet and it is still freezing every night.
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

Mixed weather today so we drove over to Sequim. On the way home we stopped at Diamond Point Airpark (2WA1) and saw another sign of spring. This isn't 1 or 2 deer, this is a whole stinking herd on the runway. Time to introduce wolves or bows & arrows to the airpark!

Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

truthinbeer
100+ Posts

Post by truthinbeer »

Spectacular colours flyhound. Now you can level with us, that middle photo has a windmill, I'd swear it's made of Lego.

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

crbnunit: No Legos there, but I can see why you'd think I'm shooting pictures of a diorama at LegoLand. The town of Mount Vernon, WA turns into a little Holland during the Tulip Festival. That shot of the windmill and flowers is at the Roozengaarde nursery, and they run a very Scandinavian operation. Now that smoking weed recreationally is legal in Washington State it is more like Amsterdam than ever. I prefer to stay at altitude over the masses of festival goers. Here's the link to their website:

http://www.tulips.com/about_us_directions

And here's the guide to the Tulip Festival:

http://www.tulipfestival.org/multimedia

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

April 4th, Anchorage, Alaska. All of my neighbors were out removing the last traces of snow/ice from their property, washing driveways adn raking leaves... Commented to Chris next door; "You are acting like it is spring!" He replies; "It IS spring!" We go get the woman's tires changed from winter studs to summer tires.

Wake up this morning, April 5th, Anchorage, Alaska to 3" of snow with big, fluffy flakes falling from the sky!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!