Hidden Splendor

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
TomD
100+ Posts

Hidden Splendor

Post by TomD »

Finally got off my rear and uploaded a couple of videos from last year's trip to the Moab area.

This is an approach into the Hidden Splendor airstrip from our trip last May.
I forgot to turn the camera on during the earlier approach and also wanted to get some of the area past the strip.

https://vimeo.com/121421813

This is a video of the Departure from same strip a couple of days earlier.

https://vimeo.com/121426098

TD

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

That's always been one of my favorite strips. Possibly best to not spend to much time digging around in the old uranium mine up the hill from the strip, though ;)

Nice videos.

51598Rob
100+ Posts

Post by 51598Rob »

Amazing! Those hills look other worldly. And the enviros say that erosion is bad.
Let Freedom Prevail

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

Great post Tom. On your climb out of HS, did you stay low because you wanted to, or because that's all the climb rate you could get? The scenery is gorgeous, but those rocks look plenty hard...
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

On your climb out of HS, did you stay low because you wanted to
Hidden Splendor is right at 4900 ft. and it was a little later in the morning (I cannot remember the temp); therefore, the DA was getting up there.

I parked the climb rate near the bottom of the white arc and it looked good for getting out of the canyon. I could have climbed faster but the engine temps looked good and I clearly had the climb rate to clear the terrain so why go steeper?

TD