Tropical Canada

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
MrHRC

Tropical Canada

Post by MrHRC »

Vancouver Canada Feb 21, 2015 14 deg C. Unfortunately this weather is forecast for at least another week and I will have to spend more money for gas.

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

been to Vancouver a couple of times, in the worst of weather and the best of weather, and I rate it one of the most beautiful cities in the world, along with Cape Town, Sydney, Praque and Dubai.

stvnnelson

Post by stvnnelson »

Looks like Vancouver, Nanimo and ?

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Yep, rained here last night all night long!!! about 40F today, and forecast looks to be about same for a week or so.. beautiful WX!! Sure doesn't look pleasant on northeast coast...
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

Beamerpilot
100+ Posts

Post by Beamerpilot »

MrHRC,
I spent a week hanging out of Langley airport last October while renewing my instructor rating with Navpath. I never noticed your Maule, maybe next time.

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

Wonderful pics!

We have been blessed with beautiful weather this winter/spring in the West. I sure hope it continues. If we get a genuine 'winter' after all this nice weather it would break my heart LOL.
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

MrHRC

Post by MrHRC »

Yes Van City, Nanaimo, and the south end of Galiano Island with Mt. Baker in the background.
Send me a message (Beamerpilot) next time you are around. Plane was at Fort Langley last Oct.

truthinbeer
100+ Posts

Post by truthinbeer »

Great photos. Looking at that last photo, there is an awful lot of water movement going on. Sorry just my maritime background. ;)

Beamerpilot
100+ Posts

Post by Beamerpilot »

Send me a message (Beamerpilot) next time you are around. Plane was at Fort Langley last Oct.[/quote]

Interesting, I spent a couple of nights at the RV park in Fort Langley last October. PM you next time.
Cheers.

Brenton C
100+ Posts

Post by Brenton C »

I'd dearly love to fly to Vancouver this spring, but everytime I start to lay out a plan in ForeFlight I can't figure out where to fly and what frequencies need to be used and where.

I should probably bring a co-pilot when I go . . .

Those pix sure motivate me to learn what zi need to know.

MrHRC

Post by MrHRC »

The Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley looks intimidating. If you want send me a PM with your phone # I would be happy to pass along any helpful info. I have done Calgary to Langley once and gone back and forth between Revelstoke and Langley several times. A copilot is the best as the trip from Calgary to Langley is spectacular and best to be shared.

Brenton C
100+ Posts

Post by Brenton C »

When I get my plane back from the shop, and the weather fines up enough for the trip, I'll take you up on that and at least give you a call. Maybe twist your arm or bribe you with gas money to meet me outside the zone of confusion, and we can fly in together!