Autumn in Colorado

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

Here is a non-battery take off and landing calculator.

I have one and as Chris pointed out one needs to determine their own aircraft's take off performance at a given conditions and then plug them into this little calculator.

I have one and it is pretty close, or at least gives me a very good idea as to what I am facing.

Easier than a spread sheet and does not have batteries or weigh much.

http://www.sportys.com/PilotShop/product/9305

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

Thanks Tom, I have been looking for one for years, great find I am definitely ordering one. This evening still.

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

Have ordered my take off calculator, will be interesting to see how accurate it is

TomD
100+ Posts

TOC

Post by TomD »

To calibrate mine, I picked out distance points at my home airport and took off several times noting the distances wheels left the ground. Then a WAG as to when I was over 50 feet in elevation.

I entered the conditions into the calculator then slid the airplane slider (Cessna 180 cub etc.) to the determined take off distance and marked that as my plane.

Seems to be pretty close.

The tricky part in the field is wind speed ( direction effects this) and field slope and condition....no where is sand or soft ground listed, but for less then $30 bucks you cannot have everything.

TD

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

Thanks Tom will follow your advice. Always easier if somebody else did the homework for you