Watsonville Fly-in and Airshow

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
n2020u

Watsonville Fly-in and Airshow

Post by n2020u »

Hey Everybody!

I feel like it's been forever since I've been able to get on the forum. I've graduated from Sac State and started working as a Civil Engineer and have no life now!

Anyways, The 50th Annual Watsonville Fly-in occurred last weekend. Although a little light on the crowd department, it was still a great weekend to spend with friends. I camped out Friday and Saturday night.

My dad flew the M-4 and I flew our friend's L-19. This was actually the plane I did most of my PPL training in. However, the examiner didn't feel comfortable riding in it with me. So I finished my license off in a Citabria.

Anyways, here's the pictures.

The Strata Rocket got A LOT of attention out there. When we taxied in everyone was asking my dad what the h*ll he had under the cowl! The Franklin sure has an aggressive cam! Most people didn't seem to know it was a Maule (especially with the round wing tips).

Trying to catch up with my dad. the short wing Maule really moves!

The L-19 won best Military Liaison and I was lucky enough to wing the Youngest Pilot award (I tried very hard :P).

Hopefully I'll become more active here on the forum now that I've settle into the new job. Hope everyone is doing well!

Garrett Grant
Garrett

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

Nice pics. Watsonville is a great destination. I love the approach from the northeast over the Santa Cruz mountains. Just get out before the fog gets in and all is well.

Enjoy Kalifornia, my fellow Mauler, I miss it so much it breaks my heart.
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

LT4247
100+ Posts

Post by LT4247 »

Well congrats on the win! You sure look the part, too. :D. 8)
(i was once a thin pilot................40 years ago. lol)
Last edited by LT4247 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J.R. Lane
GEORGIA
----------------------------
"I say all that big talk is worth doodly squat"!
- Granny Hawkins

n2020u

Post by n2020u »

Mountain Doctor wrote:Nice pics. Watsonville is a great destination. I love the approach from the northeast over the Santa Cruz mountains. Just get out before the fog gets in and all is well.

Enjoy Kalifornia, my fellow Mauler, I miss it so much it breaks my heart.
Luckily the fog was nowhere to be seen that weekend! I was lucky to land a job close enough to home (AND in CA) so I'm still able to fly on the weekends. It doesn't look like we'll be getting much rain in the near future. My brother is going to college in Seattle; he's sad that he's away from the family hangar, but also from the flying weather we get down here.

Have a good one!
Garrett

n2020u

Post by n2020u »

LT4247 wrote:Well congrats on the win! You sure look the part, too. :D. 8)
(i was once a thin pilot, too.....40 years ago. lol)

Thanks! Apparently I would've won the "least distance flown" award as well. However, I was too embarrassed to write 19 nautical miles on the judging sheet for registration!
Garrett