My first trip as a pilot

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Steelroamer
100+ Posts

My first trip as a pilot

Post by Steelroamer »

http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/steel ... 20Superior

Well folks, now that I am a pilot I thought I would do what all new and inexperienced pilots do..... take off on a trip I have always wanted to do!!

I live at the western end of lake Superior (the worlds largest freshwater lake) and grew up on the eastern end of the same lake where my parents still live. so wednesday morning I planned a trip there along the north shore some 303nm away, jumped in the plane and headed out. The weather was perfect and the fall colours are just starting. it was surreal to say the least. sorry about the photo quality as I am not much of a photographer and the windows are less than clean as are the struts ( I fly from a grass strip most of the time). any ways I hope the link works.

man I love flying!![/img]
There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

Nice pics!! Looks like your jumping into this head first. Way to go!! BTW, you know a pic of you plane IS required.. dirt and all.

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

God bless you, enjoy. :D

If there's a better feeling than piloting your own plane with a fresh certificate over beautiful terrain on a sunny day I've not found it yet. :D

Thanks for including us and sharing the pictures.
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

BTW I've seen trees change color like that in the past. BAD SIGN. :cry:

Followed by copious white $hit. :wink:
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Meh... White shit; frozen blue shit. Really not all that scary unless it is falling in copious amounts in either form. That said, use caution landing in white shit without skis!

Nice photos! I didn't know Maules would fly that high! Mine gets itchy when it is out of the bug layer.

I see you are already spotting moose from the air. You are probably ready for Alaska!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Steelroamer
100+ Posts

Post by Steelroamer »

Alaska? I don't think so, you guys pile rocks higher than I can fly.... I'll stick to where the mountains are mere hills! At least for now
There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

very nice well done