Chesapeake Eastern Shore

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Flyhound
100+ Posts

Chesapeake Eastern Shore

Post by Flyhound »

Last weekend I managed a flight with my wife & dog to the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake. It was absolutely beautiful. Sadly, the crab salad at the restaurant near the strip where we landed was disappointing, but the day was a success overall.

Kentmorr Airport (3W3) has a sweet grass strip straight ahead.

Today the weather is perfect, but I have chores at home that require my attention. Saturday and Sunday stormy weather is predicted. Isn't that the sad reality most of us deal with?
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

Tomkatz
100+ Posts

Post by Tomkatz »

Flyhound,
Good to see you flying in my stomping ground. I am having a bit of a challenging year, but it would be nice to hook up with you sometime later this year. Cambridge airport is the standard for a stop in meal. Usually Kentmore Restaurant has a nice meal, I'm so sorry to hear that it didn't go so well for you. Sussex County has a great fly in breakfast bar on Sunday and Tangier Island makes for a great day trip with the wife and dog. if you stay south of Wallops Island you can fly low level up the beach. Smoketown fly-in is coming up and is also a great little fly-in, along with Horn Point fly-in and Massey Chile Fest and then their Christmas party. Take care and enjoy all your flying.
Tom K.