Flying Vancouver island

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
m5210guy

Flying Vancouver island

Post by m5210guy »

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... gemGeeGQiA

Here"s a link to a video we made a couple of years ago . It's a bit long but some of you might enjoy it .

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

That is stunningly beautiful terrain, but it looks extremely unforgiving. Did your engine go on auto-rough as soon as you left farm fields and easy emergency landing sites behind? I've sailed as far north as Hot Springs Cove, but no further. I do need to revisit that coastline! Thanks for sharing this.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

By the way, what size tires are you using? They don't look any larger than 8.5 X 6. Any worries about landing on the sand? How about the engine in the Maule? Was this a 235 hp model?
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

Flyhound, I'm going way out on a limb here, but his user name is M5210guy..... I would guess he is running a 210 :o

Plus those look like 10" wheels......

Beautiful scenery, thanks for the video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TomD
100+ Posts

West Vancouver Island

Post by TomD »

Great video.

It was a lovely Pacific Northwest (to me) Southwest (to you) day. Just a little rain and a ceiling that let you see the top of the mountains.

TD

wtxdragger
100+ Posts

Post by wtxdragger »

I'm not real sure about that Ward guy, but Doug did a hell of a job! :lol:

8) 8)
Mercifully Free from the Ravages of Intelligence
1989 M7-235 N90KD
1975 T210L N1675X
2022 CCK-1865 N922UM

https://www.instagram.com/wtxdragger/

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

It wasn't clear to me if the poster was the pilot, or the video maker, hence the question about the plane. Either way it was a great way to blow 20+ minutes. I stopped packing household goods while watching it and that was a relief!

m5210guy

Post by m5210guy »

Flyhound wrote:By the way, what size tires are you using? They don't look any larger than 8.5 X 6. Any worries about landing on the sand? How about the engine in the Maule? Was this a 235 hp model?
The tires are 29/11 's . It's a 210 . I guess when you learn to fly in the mountains you feel totally different then someone who is used to flying over flat lands .

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Post by AndrewK »

What a day! I have got to make it up that way one day and see it with my own eyes. The coast/beaches are beautiful but I really liked the landing/takeoff in between the trees. Thanks for sharing the video.