Basin Harbor Club in Vermont

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Flyhound
100+ Posts

Basin Harbor Club in Vermont

Post by Flyhound »

Now this was a SWEET place! We made the 450 mile flight from Manassas to Lake Champlain in Vermont and stayed at the Basin Harbor Club. We only had a weekend, but I wish we could have stayed for a month. My coon hound and my wife slept most of the way up and back, but I had lots to look at, and some serious traffic to pay attention to. We flew up at 9,500' most of the way because that was above the clouds and above the turbulence. I finally had to punch back through a hole to land, so the last 20 nm or so woke everybody up. There is a lot to do at this resort, and there are no TV sets in the cabins so we were active the whole time. Lots of hikes and checking out the local goodies. I can't wait to go back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXkubUn ... e=youtu.be
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

MAU MAU
100+ Posts

Post by MAU MAU »

Excellent, Excellent Video!

I am glad you had a great time at this awesome spot.

That being said, we must deduct 10 demerits for not letting the New England Contingent know of your arrival so we could have joined you for drinks lakeside.
MXT-7-180A Comet

Victor Gennaro
100+ Posts

New England in the summer

Post by Victor Gennaro »

Excellent video you captured the area well. Next time you are up visit 1P1 in Plymouth NH. We have nice lakes here.

FARMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by FARMAULE »

Looks like an awesome place Gary. Great video as well.

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

MAU MAU wrote: That being said, we must deduct 10 demerits for not letting the New England Contingent know of your arrival so we could have joined you for drinks lakeside.
Okay, if one were to deduct demerits, isn't that the same as adding merits?

I'm confused.