Circumnavigating the DC SFRA

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Flyhound
100+ Posts

Circumnavigating the DC SFRA

Post by Flyhound »

I was hesitating X-posting this on the Maule pilots page since the same video was posted on the BCP page and I think most of the folks here also visit that website. Just in case there are a few of you that don't wander over to the BCP boards, here is a flight I enjoyed around the DC SFRA on Sunday. I managed to stay on grass at all 3 of my landings. Pretty sweet for a densely populated area to have such fine little gems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdz6NY0MiaA
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

wtxdragger
100+ Posts

Post by wtxdragger »

Very Nice 8)
Mercifully Free from the Ravages of Intelligence
1989 M7-235 N90KD
1975 T210L N1675X
2022 CCK-1865 N922UM

https://www.instagram.com/wtxdragger/

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

flyhound just watched your video and the one about your trip to Moultrie. I see you stopped at Shelby KEHO , I'm about 13 miles north east of there I usually buy my fuel there they have some of the best prices in the area. It's a nice little airport.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

Yeah Kirk, I liked the self-serve price at Shelby. On my flight back from Sun-N-Fun, I stopped at Allendale (KAQX) in the middle of the night and camped on the field. I was running away from bad weather and that's as far as the gas in my tanks would carry me. They had great gas prices too, less than $5/gal! It's enough to make a guy consider moving to South Carolina!
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

JPROLLINS

Post by JPROLLINS »

I fly back and forth from Clemson CEU to Concord JQF and almost always stop in Shelby for fuel. Great location and great price.

Jackson