Winter Ski Flying

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
taildragger
100+ Posts

Winter Ski Flying

Post by taildragger »

Just some winter pictures around Michigan this winter. Flew around to a few lakes and watched snowmobile races and people young and ambitious enough to do polar plunges. Cross that off my bucket list. Always wanted to watch someone do that!

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

Thank you for the beautiful pictures. Nothing better than an air to air shot like that.

Polar plunge does not appeal to me. I'd feel pretty dumb if it was that that gave me a heart attack.

I would do it to save another person's life, but that's about what it would take.
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

For the first time ever, I've managed to get out to the cabin on wheels. I'd
returned from the Irondog and changed to wheels for the annual. Due to our unusual weather this year, we went out last weekend on wheels. Odd sensation!
My date for the weekend, Mrs. YM!
This weekend, back on skis and perfect weather.
My last freight trip out last night. I was given this to keep me company. That and a little music, I was pretty lucky. Left Mrs YM out at the cabin for Spring Break.
Last weekend again. We had what Young Squire would refer to as a "Flash Mob" of planes drop in on us. 9 total and I wasn't the only one on wheels.
Live it like its your last day.

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

And I wasn't invited! LOL! I haven't been brave enough to land in the snow on wheels more than a few times since the.. Ahem... Incident!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

Put those boards on and join us!
The weekend before last at our cabin was unscheduled. This last weekend, there was a slightly more organized one at Lake Creek Lake. We had 23 AC show up. Four of those were Maules. We even managed to get Wup out with us.
Live it like its your last day.