Anyone ever been to a Mexican rodeo?

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
multimauler

Anyone ever been to a Mexican rodeo?

Post by multimauler »

These have become very popular in Texas, but I bet most of you guys haven't flown over one of these. I wish my photo was better. The arena is shaped like a keyhole. All the vaqueros are in full Mexican costume with huge sombreros. The events are pretty brutal on the cattle so these rodeos are held way out in the country.

I hope everyone had a great day of flying today!
David
2007 C182T
2011 M6-235
1965 PA-18-150

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I have actually. One of the funnier things I have seen. Unlike American style rodeos, they are very hard on the livestock, bordering on animal cruelty in a lot of cases. What is entertaining though is no matter how hard or soft a fall the cowboy takes, it will render him unconscious and require several other cowboys to carry him out of the arena. It seems to be all about getting or appearing to be grievously injured rather than the actual performance with the animal...

Granted, I have only seen two. Maybe I shouldn't judge based on such a small sample size.
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Wyflyer
100+ Posts

Post by Wyflyer »

No I haven't either. Last year I missed a 'midget bullriding' rodeo at Eagle Pass. It would have been worth it just to say I've seen that.
we allow darwins law to take its course. -chris erasmus