LLANO, TX

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Russell461
100+ Posts

LLANO, TX

Post by Russell461 »

Flew to Llano, TX today with a friend for some Coopers BBQ and a visit with Jeff & Kyle Hopf at The Maule Cave. Also ran into Ross McCrea (DirtDobber).
Quick trip on an awesome day to fly !

http://youtu.be/uYIJIocgtvk
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
70' BAC Jet Provost Mk. 1
39' J3
YouTube Channel: russell461

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Nice!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

What's a Maule Cave, and where did you get those marvelous sun shades? Man, I could use those! I really enjoyed the camera angle that lets us see the panel as well as the view out the windscreen. Great stuff.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

Flyhound, those are the Rosen visors. and on our TC so just a signoff is needed for installation.

Russell461
100+ Posts

Post by Russell461 »

Flyhound wrote:What's a Maule Cave, and where did you get those marvelous sun shades? Man, I could use those! I really enjoyed the camera angle that lets us see the panel as well as the view out the windscreen. Great stuff.
Hello Flyhound !

The Maule Cave is the name of the Red Hangar there on the property that you can barely see on the video when I land & turn the plane around. The place is owned by Jeff Hopf in Llano. He and his son Kyle Hopf now fly a sweet M7 (N6447M). I met Jeff at the 1st Annual Lone Star Maule Round-up and he let me park my M7 in his hangar during the bad weather night (Friday). We had to move his Citabria back in the corner a bit to make room :D . I took Jeff up on Sunday in the M7 and when we made it back to his airstrip, he said "I have got to get one of these !!! ".

Needless to say, the Citabria was later sold and Jeff & Kyle joined the club ! He then made a visit to David Beaver to get the bushwheels added. I think Kyle re-named their airstrip / hangar from Hopf Field to The Maule Cave so I suspect the letters on the hangar will have to be replaced.

Photo's of the new M7, the planes that were in Llano a couple of weekends ago and Jeff's old Citabria.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/russell461 ... 316177984/
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
70' BAC Jet Provost Mk. 1
39' J3
YouTube Channel: russell461

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

Thanks for the responses. If I pass through Texas the next time I fly across the country, I'll have to visit Llano and the Maule Cave!

Duane, I'll probably bring my Maule beck to Moultrie for its annual this spring and have you install a set of those Rosen visors while I'm there! 2014 is going to be a great year!
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.