Llano Texas Fly In (KAQO)

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
multimauler

Llano Texas Fly In (KAQO)

Post by multimauler »

We couldn't have had more beautiful weather in Texas this weekend. Severe clear and mid 70's. My son and I took the opportunity to head to Llano for their annual fly in and camp out. We were one of the first to arrive and were welcomed by Maule forum members kjhopf (see "Texas has a new Maule Owner"). They asked if we wanted to see their ranch and hangar just a few miles away. They have a beautiful place in the Texas hill country with a 1400' grass strip that doubles as a hay field and a great hangar with all the features of the perfect man cave. We followed them in and got to meet their family and friends.

After a brief tour we headed back to KAQO where we were served pork burgers by the great staff and friends of the llano airport. I had never had a pork burger before, but it was awesome. I hear they are a tradition in Llano.

There ended up being 4 Maules in attendance.
Wyflyer from Uvalde Texas in their sweet MX7-160

Our dear friend Joe in his pristine MXT-180

And kjhopf in their M7-235 and us in our M6. Seen here taking advantage of Llano's $4.65 avgas special.

There were some great Cubs there along with a Stearman and several classic Cessnas (missed pics of them).

We had a great time in the flour drop competition and spot landing contest. Check out wyflyer's pics (Texas Maule gatherings topic).

I think the Maules dominated the competitions.

We regretted not being able to stay and camp. I had to be in Abilene TX for my wife's 25th college reunion. Gotta keep her happy so I can keep flying. I hope the rest of you guys had as good a weekend as us.
David
2007 C182T
2011 M6-235
1965 PA-18-150

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I'm a little jealous of the ranch! Looks like a really nice place. I really like the area out there. I have spent a significant portion of my life at Enchanted Rock. We started going there while it was still privately owned! That has been a while!!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

MAU MAU
100+ Posts

Post by MAU MAU »

Looks like another fine Maule gathering David but where is the Blonde Bombshell?

You're cute and everything but we need some real eye-candy on here!
MXT-7-180A Comet

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

Looks like a great day. Wonderful pictures! I like the MXT. :P
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843