Washington Cascades and the Oregon Coast.

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Washington Cascades and the Oregon Coast.

Post by Mountain Doctor »

My friend Monte and I celebrated the beautiful Fall weather today. We took his airplane today, a Beechcraft Bonanza, to Seaside, Oregon, over the spine of the Washington Cascade Mountains. Today we got to see some of God's work up close and personal. I flew within 500 feet of Mt. Adams, did a tight turn aound the caldera of Mt. St. Helens, and got GREAT views of Mt. Rainier, Mt. Hood, and Mt. Baker. 5 volcanos.

We landed at Seaside, Oregon. Monte did that one and it was beautiful. We walked into town to hit the beach, get lunch (fish tacos. Yummy) and share an elephant ear (a deep fried sugary pastry. Yummy).

We shopped a little, talked with people, and then headed back home.

I took that leg, and saw speeds of 215 MPH with a slight tailwind. Monte's plane hauls arse.

I had an uncannily smooth landing (Thank's God ;-) and called it a day. A great day.

Heading east. Mt. Adams behind Mt. St. Helens.

Nice strip.

All dorked out but happy.

Brother Monte.

The runway.

Heading for the caldera!

Mt. Rainier.

Happy pilots.

Monte reading the checklist.

The Beechcraft.

Mt. Adams.

Hope you all enjoyed:-)
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Next time we take my plane to Rogersberg and Memaloose in Hell's Canyon.

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

Bill;

If you did that today, then the weather south of the sound was far better than near it. There were trees in the clouds all day up here.

Great pics.

TD

MAU MAU
100+ Posts

Post by MAU MAU »

Great pictures of the other coast.

Tell Monty he has to put a little yellow on his Beech to make it a real plane, and as a medical doctor, are you recommending Elephant Ears as a health supplement?
MXT-7-180A Comet

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

We're trying to move back to the Pacific Northwest from Virginia. I'm ready to fly by real mountains again and I can buy a wetsuit if I want to get into the ocean. Warm water is one thing I will miss from the East Coast, but on the balance, we'll take the NW over the SE.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

TomD wrote:Bill;

If you did that today, then the weather south of the sound was far better than near it. There were trees in the clouds all day up here.

Great pics.

TD
Both ways we saw it was socked in with solid low stratus to the north. You guys were denied a sunny day. :cry:

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

MAU MAU wrote:Great pictures of the other coast.

Tell Monty he has to put a little yellow on his Beech to make it a real plane, and as a medical doctor, are you recommending Elephant Ears as a health supplement?
It's all in the dosing. 1/2 an ear, combined with the 4 mile walk to and from the airport is likley a break even proposition as far as health is concerned. Still, I would not make a habit of it. My carefully fed stomach is still trying to figure out what happend to it. :lol:

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Flyhound wrote:We're trying to move back to the Pacific Northwest from Virginia. I'm ready to fly by real mountains again and I can buy a wetsuit if I want to get into the ocean. Warm water is one thing I will miss from the East Coast, but on the balance, we'll take the NW over the SE.
Everyplace has its pluses and minuses.

I do tell people, in fairness, that the Pacific Northwest, on a sunny day, is as pretty as anywhere in the contiguous 48 states. The trick is the sunny day... 8)

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843