MD & WV grass strips

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Flyhound
100+ Posts

MD & WV grass strips

Post by Flyhound »

This was actually a week ago and was already posted on the Backcountry Pilot's site, but since I was flying a Maule, I thought I should post here as well. On Sunday the 8th of September, I was given a tour of some grass strips in West Virginia and Maryland by a Super Cub pilot. We started at KMRB (Martinsburg, WV) where a bunch of C5s are based. From there we hit Mexico Farms (1W3) and High Rock (not on the charts) before I flew back to my base at Cedar Meadows airpark (also not on the charts) in Summit Point, WV. It was a good day of flying with a chance to meet some new people and see some great old planes. The biplane in the hangar at High Rock is an old Waco Model 10 with the OX5 engine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4WL4Xo_0rk
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

MAU MAU
100+ Posts

Post by MAU MAU »

Looks like you are discovering some new strips and stretching the legs on your Maule.

Thanks for posting the great video!
MXT-7-180A Comet