Alaska Fall Fly-in

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
crbnunit
100+ Posts

Alaska Fall Fly-in

Post by crbnunit »

Any interest in the Alaska folks getting together in the next few weeks? It would be nice to do a fly-in/overnight somewhere when the trees start changing colors. Any suggestion on dates/destinations?

The weather hasn't really been kind to us lately and the water is pretty high on all of the lakes/rivers/streams. Last time I flew up Lk Eklutna, the lake was about 1/8 the way up the strip there! I have never seen the water that high!

The woman and I are planning on doing an overnighter out Knik way this evening if anyone wants to stop by. Weather permitting...
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

BatMaule
100+ Posts

Post by BatMaule »

Where are you going to be tonight, Jeff? We are doing a little moose spotting up the Knik this afternoon. Might be up for a return visit this evening complete with brats and brews. Unfortunately, it's back across the pond for me next weekend and will miss the fall colors. :cry:
1983 M6-235
The "BatMaule"

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

We will likely head out around 1800 or so and will be at the strip opposite the Lake George outflow unless it is already claimed and they won't want company. If you don't see us there, check Grasshopper Valley.
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!