Fredricksburg, Tx

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Wyflyer
100+ Posts

Fredricksburg, Tx

Post by Wyflyer »

Katy and I took a 1 hour flight over to Fredricksburg for a 100 dollar hamburger at the airport diner. They have a nice little diner and hotel. As usual, the trip over was smooth, the ride back was rough... hot and bumpy.

http://www.hangarhotel.com/index.html

MAU MAU
100+ Posts

Post by MAU MAU »

That place looks awesome!

It always helps when you have a fun destination to justify the trip.

I especially like that the diner has A&W Root Beer and the hotel does not allow children under 18.
MXT-7-180A Comet

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

WOW! That is new! Definitely wasn't there the last time I was in Fredricksburg! I'll be checking it out the next time I'm down that way though!

Hope you hit the Nimitz museum while you were there. It is a really neat stop for any WWII buff. It has changed a lot. When I was growing up, you could play with just about anything there. I used to track cars down the highway with a 5" deck gun. Now they won't let you anywhere near that stuff. Still impressive though. Kerville is a nice destination as well. Is the Mooney factory still open? Don't forget a flight over enchanted Rock!

Don't envy you the heat and the dry...
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

LT4247
100+ Posts

Post by LT4247 »

Dang!! That is one cool looking business. Someone spent a TON of $$ on this place :shock: :lol: Have to stop in sometime....
J.R. Lane
GEORGIA
----------------------------
"I say all that big talk is worth doodly squat"!
- Granny Hawkins