Buzzing Around Looking For Lunch

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
MAU MAU
100+ Posts

Buzzing Around Looking For Lunch

Post by MAU MAU »

Spent another stressful day buzzing around northern New Hampshire and the Maine coast in search of a decent lunch.

Here is a picture taken over Conway New Hampshire looking towards Mount Washington where the earths fastest wind of 231 mph was recorded.

Thankfully today it was nice and calm.

A quick turn to the East left the mountains behind and the sea in front of me.

I ended up landing in Sanford Maine to have a fine Reuben sandwich at the airport diner before heading home to Portsmouth New Hampshire.
MXT-7-180A Comet

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

Boy, when it's nice up there, it is really nice! Even a bad Reuben in that seeing would taste good!
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

I've ridden my bicycle to the top of Mt Washington, but it has been a while.

Looks like a great flight report!
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

My wife and I flew past Mt. Washington in the MX-7-180 back in 2007 and got tossed around. Later in the trip we drove a rental car up Mt. Washington on a self-guided CD tour. The car trip was scarier than the airplane trip but less turbulent. I don't remember a guard rail on that narrow winding road and it's a really long fall down the mountain. I found out about the wind from the CD during the drive up. It would have been better to discover that before the airplane flight but no serious problems that day. I'm based about 19 miles from Mt. Mitchell which has about the same situation.

That was part of a two week trip that started with flying into Basin Harbor Club http://www.basinharbor.com/ on Lake Champlain South of Burlington VT. Beautiful place - I highly recommend it. Watch out for about a million seagulls on the well manicured grass runway, though. The day we took off, I taxied back and forth two times and they kept coming back as I passed by. Finally, the guy mowing the runway and adjacent golf course with a tractor scared them away so I could take off.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

MAU MAU
100+ Posts

Post by MAU MAU »

Thanks for the heads up on Basin Harbor.

I will head out there soon for another lunch.
MXT-7-180A Comet