Ranger Fly-in and Air Show

If you would like to share where you have flown to today (with pictures and/or stories), this is the new section to go to...
Russell461
100+ Posts

Ranger Fly-in and Air Show

Post by Russell461 »

The 6th annual Ranger TX Fly-in and Air Show was almost a wash-out this past Fri / Sat. I was the 6th and last plane that made it in on Friday and I flew through some pretty heavy rain to get there. Friday's air show was cancelled and it rained on and off all night. Saturday am brought low ceilings (5-600') which remained throughout the morning. A couple of local powered parachute guys flew around the area (in light mist) before lunch. So....since I was the only Maule in attendance (3 Cessna 140's, Cessna 172, and a couple of other planes)...I decided to fly and took up a American 737 Pilot that is considering buying another taildragger. A friend videoed a couple of landings. The passenger liked the STOL characteristics :shock: of the M7.

http://youtu.be/Q_0d2uAH9M8

http://youtu.be/W9GAJtT35X8

After a nice BBQ Lunch (and watching it rain some more)...the sky cleared up a bit and the 1pm airshow (ok it you call 2 bi-planes an airshow) was on. They were fantastic pilots. There were many other planes that were to have flown in the airshow but the weather was just too bad. Throughout Saturday, 2-3 other planes arrived but most of us were trying to get out of there before another system came in. Jarred (local organizer of the event) did a fantastic job and made the most out of it for the attendees. Last year there were over 100 planes in attendance plus the airshow guys.

Oh well...it was fun just getting out and flying and the airstrip(s) were nice. I'll try again next year. Here are my photo's:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/russell461 ... 702902712/
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
70' BAC Jet Provost Mk. 1
39' J3
YouTube Channel: russell461

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

This post really threw me off for a minute. I own two Ford Rangers and am a member of The Ranger Station forum as well. I had opened both Maule Pilots and The Ranger Station at the same time this morning and was trying to reconcile Ranger and Airshow.... I was pretty excited there for a minute!

Sorry the weather didn't cooperate. Looks like it was still a pretty good time though. Nice photos and videos! That looks like a really nice little grass strip!

My mom was born in Anson, Tx and grew up in Merkel. My dad was stationed at Camp Barkley near Buffalo Gap in WWII. They met rollerscating. I was born at Dyess AFB, still have a bunch of relatives in the Abilene area and a cousin living in Cisco...
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Russell461
100+ Posts

Post by Russell461 »

crbnunit wrote:This post really threw me off for a minute. I own two Ford Rangers and am a member of The Ranger Station forum as well. I had opened both Maule Pilots and The Ranger Station at the same time this morning and was trying to reconcile Ranger and Airshow.... I was pretty excited there for a minute!

Sorry the weather didn't cooperate. Looks like it was still a pretty good time though. Nice photos and videos! That looks like a really nice little grass strip!

My mom was born in Anson, Tx and grew up in Merkel. My dad was stationed at Camp Barkley near Buffalo Gap in WWII. They met rollerscating. I was born at Dyess AFB, still have a bunch of relatives in the Abilene area and a cousin living in Cisco...
God bless all Military Men & Women that gave the ultimate sacrifice, and bless those that served that are still with us, and the ones that serve today. I know you are proud of your dad as I am of mine. Dad was in the Korean war. He passed in 2010.
50' DHC-2 MK1
79' C414A Chancellor
70' BAC Jet Provost Mk. 1
39' J3
YouTube Channel: russell461

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Mine passed in 96. Miss him and my mom.

Agreed. Thanks to all vets past and present for every day of service, not just on memorial day. Makes me sad. The only flags in the neighborhood are mine and my next door neighbor today...

You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

crbnunit wrote:This post really threw me off for a minute. I own two Ford Rangers and am a member of The Ranger Station forum as well. I had opened both Maule Pilots and The Ranger Station at the same time this morning and was trying to reconcile Ranger and Airshow.... I was pretty excited there for a minute!
Funny!

Same thing here!

I also have a Ranger and am a member at TRS. :lol:
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

NICE! Crbnunit there as well. How about you?