M-5-210C annual near Tacoma, WA?

Finding a qualified Maule instructor and mechanic in your area. Recommendations, requests etc... Please mention graphic location
RegulrGuy

M-5-210C annual near Tacoma, WA?

Post by RegulrGuy »

Well, unfortunately my long-time A&P/IA is ailing and will not be available for my annual in Feb. Any recommendations for an Maule-experienced A&P for an owner-assisted annual? Preferably in my heated hangar at WN42, but I’m certainly willing to take it somewhere in the South Sound area.

Many thanks
M-5-210C

TimB
100+ Posts

Re: M-5-210C annual near Tacoma, WA?

Post by TimB »

Hello and yes I'm over at WN13 Vaughan Ranch and work on the Maule's
Tim@ Tim's Aircraft Repair
253-303-4043
TimB

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

I'll vouch for Tim's Aircraft at Vaughan Ranch (WN13). That's where my MX7-180C has been serviced since new and I'm a happy customer.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

RegulrGuy

Post by RegulrGuy »

Thanks TimB and Flyhound for your quick responses! I’ll give Tim a call tomorrow.
M-5-210C

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

RegulrGuy: Since you fly a Maule, it probably won't be a big deal, but lots of folks get puckered up flying into WN13. The runway is uphill to the NE (02/20) so landings are to the north and takeoffs are to the south. I don't like flying in there with a south wind. There are trees all around the grass runway and that can add a pucker factor, but the runway is 1850' long, and with the uphill pitch to the north, getting down and stopped in time isn't hard. A 182 owner near me considered Tim's aircraft for an annual, but decided against landing there after checking out the strip. Here's a video of me flying in there. Not challenging, but it does require attention. You'll be fine.

https://youtu.be/0OMJ8ZSEf_4?si=82BL7hot7-HmhPm9
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

RegulrGuy

Post by RegulrGuy »

Thanks for the primer, Flyhound - nice video, as usual. Called Tim a couple times but haven’t heard back yet.
M-5-210C