CFI/II Services Offered - Maule M5 210C - North Carolina

Finding a qualified Maule instructor and mechanic in your area. Recommendations, requests etc... Please mention graphic location
ncaeroworks

CFI/II Services Offered - Maule M5 210C - North Carolina

Post by ncaeroworks »

Hello all,

My name is Drew and I am a CFI, CFII, and MEI in North Carolina. I've owned my 1974 Maule M5 210C since 2019 and I'm excited to offer flight instruction in it. If you're in the area of KRCZ and want to train (I can fly to you), please reach out! My website is below, which contains my contact information and rates.

Thanks,

Drew Case
Northern Conventional Aeroworks
www.ncaeroworks.com

norcal64d
100+ Posts

Re: CFI/II Services Offered - Maule M5 210C - North Carolina

Post by norcal64d »

Great website and concept! Did you have trouble finding an insurance policy to cover instruction in the Maule?
Tim
1991 MX-7-180

ncaeroworks

Post by ncaeroworks »

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the reply. That's a million-dollar question. As we all know, finding even a P&B policy is difficult for a high-performance tailwheel Maule. Let alone an instruction policy. They're almost non-existent. Honestly for me/Northern Conventional Aeroworks, the hunt continues. I have BWI and Kimmel Aviation Insurance looking into it currently with more being added as days go by. Avemco doesn't offer anything of the sort and a few others turned me down. It's a hard time, but for now, I'm still going to offer instruction because people deserve to learn in a Maule (especially). It will come.

Thanks,

Drew
Drew
CFI CFII MEI
www.ncaeroworks.com

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

We had an owner on our field try to get insured for instructing and renting a Comanche and Twin Comanche. This was about 4 years ago and at that time his broker told him that none of his insurers would write a new policy on aircraft built prior to 1979. Existing operations could continue getting insurance but no new operators.

My suspicion is that the PA-28 wing separation accident in Florida a few years back has spooked all of them.

Hope you find someone.

Kirk

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

ncaeroworks wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:54 am
Hey Tim,

Thanks for the reply. That's a million-dollar question. As we all know, finding even a P&B policy is difficult for a high-performance tailwheel Maule. Let alone an instruction policy. They're almost non-existent. Honestly for me/Northern Conventional Aeroworks, the hunt continues. I have BWI and Kimmel Aviation Insurance looking into it currently with more being added as days go by. Avemco doesn't offer anything of the sort and a few others turned me down. It's a hard time, but for now, I'm still going to offer instruction because people deserve to learn in a Maule (especially). It will come.

Thanks,

Drew
Try CS&A Insurance in Franklin TN https://www.chappellsmith.com
Andy
1986 MX7-180

ncaeroworks

Post by ncaeroworks »

Thanks Andy,

I'll reach out in a bit.
Drew
CFI CFII MEI