M7-235C CFI and/or delivery pilot needed SLC

Finding a qualified Maule instructor and mechanic in your area. Recommendations, requests etc... Please mention graphic location
drak130
100+ Posts

M7-235C CFI and/or delivery pilot needed SLC

Post by drak130 »

Hello all,

Corona has struck again! I just purchased a M7-235C based at BTF just north of SLC. I had a delivery pilot/CFI lined up to provide the 2 hour insurance sign off and deliver the aircraft to me. It looks like he might be bailing out due to the crisis. I don’t really want to undertake a cross country trip in an unfamiliar aircraft but desperate times....Thus looking for a CFI in the SLC area to check me out in my plane, a CFI in the RDU area that can check me out in his plane, or someone in the delivery business.

I am former small turbo prop military guy with a GA background currently (and hopefully continuing to) flying for Delta. About 100 hours Tailwheel in citabrias, champs, super cubs and luscombe.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Tim

JerseyJim

Post by JerseyJim »

Give Rick, Montana by air a call. He is great.
https://www.montanabyair.com/
1984 M5 180-C

bobguhr
100+ Posts

Post by bobguhr »

If Rick's not available Sarah Rovner, owner of Full Throttle Aviation, has Maule time and is top notch as well.
http://www.fullthrottleaviationllc.com

drak130
100+ Posts

Post by drak130 »

Thanks for the suggestions y’all! Hope it works out. Just finished a 5 day trip CONUS. It many people flying these days for sure. Just carried 20 people from DFW to LGA. Safest hiding place may be in the back of an airliner.