Maule TW Instruction needed in Alaska

Finding a qualified Maule instructor and mechanic in your area. Recommendations, requests etc... Please mention graphic location
MauleEnvy

Maule TW Instruction needed in Alaska

Post by MauleEnvy »

So I jumped in head first and bought my first Maule, only problem is I don't know how to fly a plane with the little wheel on the correct end. Insurance quotes I got are requiring 15 hrs dual with an instructor with Maule time.

Any recommendations for Maule instructors up here? Preferably in the Valley. Plane is based at 4AK6 now, but I could have it moved if need be.
Mike
1985 M5-180C

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

Check the Willow airport. There's a fellow up there that has a MX7-180 who has an air taxi and I believe also does instruction.
Welcome aboard!
Kurt
Live it like its your last day.

Undaunted
100+ Posts

Post by Undaunted »

pictures or it never happened!

Congrats
1999 M7-235C

ajak
100+ Posts

Post by ajak »

Congrats- look forward to seeing it!
I second the Willow recommendation. It's Walt Warner, at Legends Aviation. Excellent instructor. I actually got my taildragger checkout in his Maule.
AJ
1983 M-6-235
IO-540W1A5D, 81" Hartzell, 4" ext gear, 31" tires, Atlee exhaust, long wings, VGs, LED ldg/nav/strobes, EDM-900, CiES

MauleEnvy

Post by MauleEnvy »

I got hold of Walt at Willow. He's on skis until March. Looks like the hunt continues.
Mike
1985 M5-180C

TxAgfisher
100+ Posts

Post by TxAgfisher »

MauleEnvy wrote:I got hold of Walt at Willow. He's on skis until March. Looks like the hunt continues.
He won't let you train in your plane?
TJ Van Matre

MauleEnvy

Post by MauleEnvy »

TxAgfisher wrote:He won't let you train in your plane?
No, he only trains in his Plane. I doubt I’ll wait until March when he’s back on wheels. If I can’t get something solid set for up here soon, I’ll make plans to the lower 48 and get it done.
Mike
1985 M5-180C

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Try Dean Paulson in Anchorage. I haven't talked to him in a few years so I don't know if he is still instructing or not but worth a call. I'll PM his number to you. Since I haven't talked with him, I feel kind of uncomfortable throwing his number out there!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!