Looking for a CFI in CO and/or NH

Finding a qualified Maule instructor and mechanic in your area. Recommendations, requests etc... Please mention graphic location
Tori

Looking for a CFI in CO and/or NH

Post by Tori »

Hi...

I'm buying an M-7-260C which is located just outside Denver and I'm looking for a CFI to work with me in the Maule in Colorado, AND/OR someone who can work with me and my new Maule in my home state of New Hampshire.

It would be wonderful if there's a CFI out there who I can pay to train me while we fly it together from Colorado to New Hampshire!

Or, if anyone knows a non-CFI Maule pilot who I can hire just to ferry it, I'd greatly appreciate even that!

I mistakenly thought that I could just find a tailwheel instructor to help me, and had several who said they could help, but I've just now discovered it takes a special breed to train people to fly Maules; I suddenly find myself closing on an aircraft halfway across the country and without anyone willing/able to help train me or help me get it home. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Tori

montana maule
100+ Posts

Post by montana maule »

Tori
Depending on the time frame I could help.
Rick Geiger www.montanabyair.com

Tori

Post by Tori »

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply! I sent you an email.

Tori

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

Hi Tori,

I'm not a CFI, but I live near Denver (Boulder) and am originally from New Hampshire, and have flown that route a number of times. Perhaps we can work something out for me to get your plane to you. I am a 4500 hour pilot, most of it tailwheel (I fly tailwheel planes in Alaska for a living) and a Maule M-6-235 owner.

Feel free to drop me an email or give me a call.

Andy
720-320-8265

swampflyer

maule training

Post by swampflyer »

I just had a thought. I see a lot of pilots who want maule flight training. Anyone ever thought of holding a special school on flying and maintaining your maule? I know if you purchase one you get a check out, but thats not what I am talking about. A week or two of classes and flying at spence field to really help a customer or potential customer get more training and feel more comfortable in their maule. You could recieve your certificate of completion and 25 hrs. of tw time. Also a great way to get maule pilots aquainted. This could be done once a year,or as class size permits. Each person pays a small fee and would be great for your insurance company. Just a thought. :roll: :D
check your six

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

Where in Colorado? When are you going to NH?
I might be able to help you with that.
Drop me a line.
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

Victor Gennaro
100+ Posts

Post by Victor Gennaro »

Tori, good to see you on the site. For a mechanic I use Paul Zannis at Moultonboro airport. 5M3. He is a tail dragger pilot and is very reasonable on repairs and annual inspections.

Wyflyer
100+ Posts

Post by Wyflyer »

Steven Purcell
4586 S FairPlay St
Aurora Co. 80015

515-965-1020

He has Maule time, is CFI. He has airline priveleges and can do one way ferry.
we allow darwins law to take its course. -chris erasmus

Wyflyer
100+ Posts

Post by Wyflyer »

Okay, i'm curious if you worked something out? Is the Maule back in NH yet?
we allow darwins law to take its course. -chris erasmus