Looking for Maule Instructor near Melbourne, Florida

Finding a qualified Maule instructor and mechanic in your area. Recommendations, requests etc... Please mention graphic location
Joe Crecente

Looking for Maule Instructor near Melbourne, Florida

Post by Joe Crecente »

Hello, everyone. I am new to the forum and a new student pilot and I am in the process of buying N3055C, a MX7-180C. The plane should be coming to Florida in the next couple of weeks and while I expect my CFI friend who is well qualified in tail-wheelers in general (owns a Citabra) will get a check ride with the ferry pilot, I was wondering if there is any CFI's with Maule experience nearer than Micheal Dickinson. Push comes to shove, we will fly up to Moultrie and see if Micheal can give some instruction, but would be handy if there was someone closer.
Appreciate any help.

Joe
Joe Crecente
Owner of N3055C, a MX7-180C.
Pilot at last.

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

Can't help with your request , but Welcome to the party!!!
The best Government, is less Government.

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

+1 and what a great party it is

Joe Crecente

My Maule arrived at Moultrie on 6 Sept 2015

Post by Joe Crecente »

I have been flying with Michael and love the airplane. I am paying penance for flying a tail-dragger and have performed about 50 TOs/Lndhgs and still not quite there. :) But I will persist and I am having great fun. Enjoyed meeting all of you that were at the fly-in at Maule and hope to see more of you at other fly-ins in the future.

Joe
Joe Crecente
Owner of N3055C, a MX7-180C.
Pilot at last.

PaulMaul

Post by PaulMaul »

That's awesome. I'll be following in your footsteps soon (I'm also a student pilot about to buy a Maule)...

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

You're only ~ 300 miles from Maule Flight in Moultrie, Georgia. Ray Maule has health problems, but finding someone else from Maule flight to fly with could be a good move! I logged some time there before buying my Maule and it was time well spent. Besides, the factory is on the same field and visiting it is a real treat!
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.