Maule Annual in Mid-Atlantic Region

Finding a qualified Maule instructor and mechanic in your area. Recommendations, requests etc... Please mention graphic location
Flyhound
100+ Posts

Maule Annual in Mid-Atlantic Region

Post by Flyhound »

Help: My annual inspection is due next month and I don't know where to go. My last annual was part of a pre-purchase inspection done by Tim Boughner in the Seattle, WA area last year. I'd be happy to go back to Tim since he knows Maule aircraft, but he is almost 3,000 miles away now. I'd like to find something closer to my home in Northern Virginia. I've tried to contact Maule Flight, but they haven't returned my calls, or my emails. Any other suggestions?
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

I'm sure you can find someone closer who is also familiar with the Maule but I think a lot of Inglewood Aviation (704 983 1915) in Albemarle NC (KVUJ).

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

Send a pm to Maule Mechanic here on this site. His name is Bryan and he works at Maule Flight.

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

I sent Maule Mechanic a PM, but he hasn't responded either. He must be away from the site for a spell. Working in annual with a trip to Sun-N-Fun would be ideal.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

MauleMechanic
100+ Posts

Post by MauleMechanic »

shoot, I'm sorry...I missed them!!!!!! Hang on message headed your way.

MAU MAU
100+ Posts

Post by MAU MAU »

Please don't insinuate Brian is Bryan or he'll start shootin! (Again!)

TomKatz is in Maryland and I am sure he can recommend one.
MXT-7-180A Comet

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

MAU MAU wrote:Please don't insinuate Brian is Bryan or he'll start shootin! (Again!)

TomKatz is in Maryland and I am sure he can recommend one.
Heck I get the spelling mixed up. I just have to remember one of them doesn't get my parts ordered....

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

fly Tim did mine also let me know if you find some close by. Gbarrier albemare is not to far away I assume you have been dealing with them. I still have a couple of locals to talk to but I'm a year away from anything but like getting those ducks lined up sooner rather than later.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Have known owner forever. He use to keep up a couple of M5s. Is pretty knowledgeable. I keep either my Champ or Maule in his spare hangar as I only have room for one at the house. Has been a wealth of knowledge while I have been kicking my M6 into shape.

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

Brian showed up for the dance and got Maule Flight to contact me. My annual is scheduled to start 3/31 in Moultrie. I'm hoping to get the new Maule door latches installed at that time. Getting that work done was one of the primary reasons for choosing Maule Flight. I did save the information on Inglewood Aviation and may use them next year since they are a lot closer to home (about 1/2 the distance). Thanks for the feedback everyone provided.

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

No problem, glad you have a plan.

LT4247
100+ Posts

Post by LT4247 »

You will be very happy with Maule Flight!
Have a good trip.

Flyhound wrote:Brian showed up for the dance and got Maule Flight to contact me. My annual is scheduled to start 3/31 in Moultrie. I'm hoping to get the new Maule door latches installed at that time. Getting that work done was one of the primary reasons for choosing Maule Flight. I did save the information on Inglewood Aviation and may use them next year since they are a lot closer to home (about 1/2 the distance). Thanks for the feedback everyone provided.
J.R. Lane
GEORGIA
----------------------------
"I say all that big talk is worth doodly squat"!
- Granny Hawkins

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

Heartland Avation, Keith George (FVX Farmville VA) has been doing mine for past 5 years. Great guy good rates! 434 391 4810

Loogie
100+ Posts

Post by Loogie »

VA Maule, did I hear u on the pattern a couple of weeks ago? Btw thanks for the info I am looking for a Maule mechanic myself.
Loogie

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

Probably, I try to fly several times a week.