Maule Instruction in AK

Finding a qualified Maule instructor and mechanic in your area. Recommendations, requests etc... Please mention graphic location
Tick

Maule Instruction in AK

Post by Tick »

I'm looking seriously into buying a Maule within the next year and have been working with Jeremy (Awesome dude, thanks Jeremy for all the free advice on the phone!). I have some tailwheel time in a Citabria but I know my coming insurance will more than likely require some time in type and would like to get more familiar with the aircraft before buying.

Does anyone know of good instruction in the Anchorage AK area?

Mauleguywanab

Post by Mauleguywanab »

I used Chuck Moore and really liked working with him. The best part was that he had over 1000 hours in the plane that I was buying so that was a cool perk. Only problem is that he operates out of Willow so that's a bit of a drive for you.

Jon

Post by Jon »

I got some instruction in my Maule from Dean Paulson and can definitely recommend him. He operates out of Anchorage, too.

Tick

Post by Tick »

Do you guys have any contact info for them? I can't seem to find them listed.

Thanks

Mauleguywanab

Post by Mauleguywanab »

Chuck is 355-2598 and he has more credentials than I can list. Military fly time, currently instructs aerobatics in his amazing decathalon and an all around awesome guy and fun to be around. I'd fly to homer to be instructed by him. Good luck!

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

+ one for Dean. He'll treat you right. PM me if you need the number and I'll shoot it your way.
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!