Maule Instructor List

Finding a qualified Maule instructor and mechanic in your area. Recommendations, requests etc... Please mention graphic location
buller

Post by buller »

I have instructed in my Maule for checkouts and insurance requirements. Located in Long Beach ,Ca. If you need a CFI with Maule and other tailwheel instruction experience look me up.
Paul Buller (562) 787 2142

TomD
100+ Posts

Instructors

Post by TomD »

George Kirkish on Vashon Island
http://www.island-air.com/Plane%20&%20P ... 0Pilot.htm

Is the instructor with the highest Maule time that I can think of in the Puget Sound. No real experience but I am sure there are Maule pilots out there that can comment.

TD

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I am in need of a Maule instructor in Anchorage, Alaska. Names and numbers would be appreciated.

Jet-A

Maule-Specific Instructor @ KSAC

Post by Jet-A »

I posted on Backcountry Pilots, too. I have owned my M-7-235 since 2005 and I am a CFI, CFII and a tailwheel instructor based at KSAC (Sacramento Executive). If you are in the Nor Cal area and need a BFR, IPC, or Maule-specific tailwheel endorsement/training, PM me and we can go from there. If you are looking for a tailwheel endorsement, I prefer to teach in your airplane for two reasons: Familiarity with your own equipment and save wear 'n tear on my own.

BTW - I am a terrible instructor. Really. :shock: I don't teach "backcountry" or "off-airport" landings (except for emergency). I leave that to the real experts like Jeremy (aka Lord Maule). I am too conservative for that (read: chicken).

CHEERS!
CFII, ATP
Citation X Captain
XOJET

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

My new tail wheel instructor failed to show up to fly my new airplane home. I taxied up and down the runway a few times and off I went. I was very worried about ground loop, it took me a second attempt to get her down without using all of the runway, side to side. My legs frooze.
My success comes from operating farm equipment all of my life, but I still cannot back a set of doubles or two cotton trailers.

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Thanks for the offer Jet-A. An out of state flight is not likely at this point though. No one in Alaska?

BUZZ

Post by BUZZ »

crbnunit "I am in need of a Maule instructor in Anchorage, Alaska. Names and numbers would be appreciated."

When I bought my maule in anchorage I needed 10 hours to satisfy insurance requirements and I ended up getting them from an instructor named Dean Paulson. He is based out of Anchorage. I have misplaced his phone number but I am sure he is in the book. I don't know how many hours he has in maules but he seemed to know a fair deal about my airplane and was a good instructor all around. We did the basic lessons for the first 2 days. ie stalls, engine failures, short field, soft field, manuevers etc. and then on the third day we went out to knik river and did some pretty exciting off airport stuff. 75/hr is what he charged I think +- 5 bucks anyway look him up he's a good guy! fair and honest

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Hey Buzz. You didn't happen to buy a read/cream M5 235 did you?

Dean was actually my first instructor. I have his number somewhere. I know how busy he is and was looking for an alternate in case he couldn't do it. I'll call him tomorrow. Thanks for the reply!

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

An excellent Maule instructor in ANC area is Paul Reinders from Wasilla area. A retired airline type with thousands of hours in almost anything you can name to include being an ex maule owner. Best way to contact is by email (paaual@juno.com).... I also instruct in Fairbanks, Ak in my maule on floats, wheels and ski's depending upon the season, contact thru www.northstar-aero.com or 907-457-3151.. Also in Fairbanks area if you want instruction in your airplane, Rick Sterling is available at cell 907-378-2801, lv mssg and he's pretty good at getting back to you...

Edited by Forum Admin:I knew Paul from our EAA club in Santa Rosa. Very generously he volunteered to give free biannuals to our club members
Sadly he crashed and died in 2009
Christine
maulePilots.org Admin
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

BUZZ

Post by BUZZ »

Yeah, I bought the red and cream maule sitting at merrill right along fifth next to stoddards. I bought it from a guy named Frank Pijuan who is also a CFI. I got a couple hours of instruction with him before having to find someone else to get me finished up. Frank and I's schedules didn't work out but he also seemed like a good instructor. He might hard to get ahold of cause he works out of state, let me know if you want to call him and i'll find his number for you.

RT
100+ Posts

Post by RT »

So do you guys know the ex mayor of Wasilla?
RT

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Yea, I looked at and flew that Maule. Nice ride! I was trying to make a deal with him that would include instruction but he was definitely hard to get in touch with.

Thanks for the numbers aero101!

RT. Not personally. She is well liked by most up here and has been an OK Governor. Everyone I talk to that does know them say the Palin's are good folks. I find it kind of amusing the Republican mantra has been Obama's lack of experience though... She is also under investigation for ethics, conflict of interest and abuse of power at the moment. Seems to be a trend up here.

worzel

Re: Instructors

Post by worzel »

TomD wrote:George Kirkish on Vashon Island
http://www.island-air.com/Plane%20&%20P ... 0Pilot.htm

Is the instructor with the highest Maule time that I can think of in the Puget Sound. No real experience but I am sure there are Maule pilots out there that can comment.

TD
Bought our M5 in 04 and immediately booked a holiday out to Seattle and flew a fair few hours with George in order to build hours towards my tailwheel/maule conversion sign off. Actually got the original reccomendation via this forum in its early days.

Boy did he teach me a thing or two. Most importantly to respect the Maule.

I would highly highly recommend him. Awesome place as well.
M5-235 G-OJGT

usernameguy

Maule instructor

Post by usernameguy »

Hi I am new to this group. My name is Patrick Romano and I do instruct in tailwheels. I personally own a M7 with 31" tundra tires. I do some instruction still, mainly in tailwheels. I live in austin, tx but will do instruction in boulder, co Dallas, tx and Houston, tx. or anywhere else that is interesting. I don't mind teaching the more aggressive stuff (hydroplaning, sandbars, off airport stuff), if I feel you are confident. Feel free to contact me @5122891989 Patrick@jarinc.cc

I don't look at this forum too often so if you want to contact me it's easiest to just call or email.

n1264d

Post by n1264d »

Thought I would throw my name in the list.

Andy Evarts CFI

I own and fly a Maule M6 and have a lot of tailwheel time in various planes. Most time is in AK. I am in Coldfoot, AK now but can intstruct anywhere in AK or otherwise. Heck even willing to travel all the way to Brazil if need be! Falo portuguese tambem. Also available for Ferry Flights with instruction anywhere in US including ferry to AK from lower 48. Can do tailwheel transition, insurance and off airport instruction.

n1264d@yahoo.com is the best contact or 9076782026.