Maule Instructor List

Finding a qualified Maule instructor and mechanic in your area. Recommendations, requests etc... Please mention graphic location
mauleCFI

Post by mauleCFI »

I will through in as well.

I Have given 300 plus hours of dual in maules for insurance. I currently
fly 135 mon.- fri. so I am available most every weekend.

Jeff Snider

Keep us updated on your CFI list.

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

I'm happy to provide Maule instruction in my own airplane only (for liability reasons) in Fairbanks, AK area. I'm on Skis this time of year, Bushwheels during Breakup and Freeze up, and specialize in Float Ratings in Summer Months. I'm also a Part 135 Single Pilot Air Taxi Operator for 10 yrs in a Maule, with over 1000 hrs 'accident free' Maule time, and have been instructing for over 20 yrs... I also have another instructor who works for me as a mechanic with less total Maule time, but he will instruct in your airplane on a free lance basis.
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

Russnrenea

Post by Russnrenea »

I am in New Hampshire for those looking for a CFI in the New England area. CFI/CFII/MEI ATP 14,000 Total, 6,000 piston, 700 Tailwheel, 100 Maule.

Tailwheel aircraft~ Maule M5-180, M4-220, Cessna-140,170,180/185,195,305 (Birddog), Citabria, Champ, Cub, Kitfox, Pitts, Travel-Air, EAA Bi-plane.

I like to work a student hard, but have fun doing it. References available on request. Based out of NH16, Brookline, NH a 1900ft strip 1 hour north of Boston. Lots of smaller grass strips to play with in the area.

Russell Peitz
gotmydream@charter.net
(603) 672-4990
http://www.facebook.com/BrooklineAirport
http://www.facebook.com/RussellPeitz

montana maule
100+ Posts

Post by montana maule »

I can give instruction in my MX7-160 or M6 235. On skis, 31" Bushwheels, regular tires. At times I can travel to your location or help transport an aircraft.

Located in Cut Bank MT. 4000+ hours in tailwheel Maules

For more info check the web - www.montanabyair.com

N5ue

Maule CFI

Post by N5ue »

I have aboout 3000 (1500 t/w 1500 MXT-7) hours in a Maule with no trouble. I am a CFII and DPE, call me if I can help.

Stan Burks
Kpib Hattiesburg, MS
601-606-0270

M5guy

Oregon Maule CFI

Post by M5guy »

I'll throw my name in the pot too. I'm a relatively new CFI but fairly experienced with Maule's and both back-country and hi-traffic tower environments. I own an M5-235 and have some experience in an M7/235 (Thanks Rob) as well. Flight Reviews, Taildragger/Hi-Perfor end, proficiency, etc. Primary training in your plane.

Mainly available in eve's (summer) and week-ends year-long.

Portland area, live at OR65.

Steve
...Those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles...

Scott

Reno NV area CFI

Post by Scott »

I recently relocated to Reno Nv area, I have over 600 hrs in a Maule MX7-180a, m5-235, m7-235 and C150 texas tailwheel, as well as float rating in a M5 and M7-235 straight floats and C185 amphib.
Last edited by Scott on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Scott,
CFI, MX7-180A

cfiipilot

Louisiana and Arkansas

Post by cfiipilot »

I have owned 2 Maules as well as several other tailwheel planes. I hold an ATP as well as CFII, and a seaplane rating also. I will instruct in your aircraft only.
Last edited by cfiipilot on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne Sharp
MX-7-180A
(90LA)

Island Flyer
100+ Posts

Post by Island Flyer »

I would also give a big thumbs up to George. Good guy, great instructor and has a sense of humor. I have spent many hours up in the air with him.
Best regards,

Rhys

Island Flyer
100+ Posts

Post by Island Flyer »

The link to George Kirkish in the prior post seems to be incorrect, here is the corrected one http://www.island-air.com
Best regards,

Rhys

Jjam737

Post by Jjam737 »

New to the Maule and the TW community and looking for some dual time in the Fort Worth area. I have over 9000 hrs military and commercial but less than 10 in TW. I have my endorsements but have a long way to go before I'm truly comfortable or even consider putting family in with me. Also getting Quotes on Ins. now and I'm guessing they're going to want some more time with Maule pilots. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jerry

charliepace

Post by charliepace »

Charlie Jirik Dallas, Tx 25,000 instructor worked great for me.
214 679 9461

Sage Rat

Tailwheel Instructors/Checkout

Post by Sage Rat »

Hi Everyone. I just purchased an M7 235C through Jeremy whose assistance made for a very smooth acquisition. I received my initial taildragger training from George Kirkish on Vashon who, as others have mentioned, does an excellent job. I picked up the airplane in Ferndale, MT with Rick Geiger, also previously mentioned, of Montana by Air. We flew out to Cut Bank and I was able to get a great checkout in very windy conditions. The lack of any significant air traffic, lots of grass strips, plus a great instructor made for a very productive training environment. I am a prior military/airline type with little light aircraft time. Rick got me to "see the light" in no time - Highly recommended!
Lee

Jjam737

Great instruction

Post by Jjam737 »

Got back a few days back from a trip to Minden La for Maule instruction to complete my insurance requirements. I showed up with just over 10hrs total in tail wheel time and Wayne Sharp had me landing in his 1000ft strip between the pines of Louisiana in a few hours! Also spent some great instruction in slow flight characteristics in all imaginable scenarios. What a great experience and confidence builder. Minden Airport was terrific also, Gave me a loner vehicle for the 2 nights I was there. Give him a call, you won't be sorry.
Wayne Sharp
318-294-0020

MNMAULE

Post by MNMAULE »

Hello Maule Pilots,

I thought I would add my name to the list of Maule instructors.
I am a CFI/II/MEI. 12,000TT, 2000+ tailwheel, 1000+ floats, 400+ ski.
I purchased a 1994 M7 235B 2 yrs ago and have 125 hours in it. I know that I don't have a lot of time in Maules compared to some of the other instructors, but I am willing to work with anyone if they need help.
I had a hard time finding an instructor my insurance company would approve of when I purchased my airplane so I know what that is like.
I am based @ DYT