New Maule owner in FL

Finding a qualified Maule instructor and mechanic in your area. Recommendations, requests etc... Please mention graphic location
Lowflybye
100+ Posts

New Maule owner in FL

Post by Lowflybye »

Fellows-

I have a client who just became a new Maule owner and lives in Saint Petersburg, FL. He is a high time pilot with over 500 hours TW, but I need to get him a couple hours of "dual" time to familiarize him with the Maule. This does not have to be from an instructor, but needs to be someone with a good bit of Maule time.

Anyone interested in helping a fellow Maule owner get familiar with his new toy?
"To most people, the sky is the limit. To a pilot, the sky is home."

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

If he can come up in the Moultrie area, I know a good instructor

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

He wants to fly it to Alaska and back this summer, but has to get at least 2 hours dual before he can solo...just gottat get him familiar with it. He is a 20,000+ ATP with around 600 TW hours of which a lot is Pitts and Giles time.

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

Hogy59

Post by Hogy59 »

Sounds like a road trip, Topher!

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

Hogy59 wrote:Sounds like a road trip, Topher!
I thought about that...shall we head down and stop at Cedar Key for some soft shell crab sandwiches? Jenny would shoot me if I do that again and leave her home with the kids. :lol:

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

I'd help, but I'm in Reno trying to get the experimental GE airplane back to Alb. Ga.
I should be back by Fri., I hope wx and maintenance permitting. Does it have to be in his airplane? I am no CFI though.
Nothing wrong with meeting in CDK, I think I could talk the wife into a trip, rent a golf cart and the foods good.
What's wrong with bringing the kids?

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

a64pilot wrote: What's wrong with bringing the kids?
3 kids plus one wife and I do not fit in a 4 seat airplane...I guess it's time to get that DHC-2 Beaver that I have always wanted. :lol:

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Lowflyby, think M7 if kids are small. Also a few 5 seat MX7's out there.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

LT4247
100+ Posts

Post by LT4247 »

Have your client call Ray Maule at Maule Flight in Moultrie, GA to arrange a thorough check out in the Maule. He'll be glad he did....
J.R. Lane
GEORGIA
----------------------------
"I say all that big talk is worth doodly squat"!
- Granny Hawkins

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

LT4247 wrote:Have your client call Ray Maule at Maule Flight in Moultrie, GA to arrange a thorough check out in the Maule. He'll be glad he did....
I have already recomended that for more advanced training before heading up to AK...he may even head over towards Jeremy's neck of the woods before heading north to pick his brain a bit. He has good TW experience, but needs to get 2 hours for fimiliarization before he can solo...this means he cannot take it up to Moultrie until he gets the hours.

I think we have found a pilot that can get it done for us...

LT4247
100+ Posts

Post by LT4247 »

I understand. That is why I suggested contacting Raymond. He has his own Maule airplanes he instructs in so your client would only need to drive to Maule Flight for instruction. However, if you know a pilot to use instead then that is cool, too.... Just trying to help.

-------------------------------------------------------------

......but needs to get 2 hours for fimiliarization before he can solo...this means he cannot take it up to Moultrie until he gets the hours.
I think we have found a pilot that can get it done for us.
J.R. Lane
GEORGIA
----------------------------
"I say all that big talk is worth doodly squat"!
- Granny Hawkins

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

LT4247 wrote:I understand. That is why I suggested contacting Raymond. He has his own Maule airplanes he instructs in so your client would only need to drive to Maule Flight for instruction. However, if you know a pilot to use instead then that is cool, too.... Just trying to help.
O-I-C...I am following you now...thanks for the suggestion...looks like we have it covered.

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

When's he wanting to go? I might could be conned into it again, especially since I didn't make it all the way the first time. I like the idea, safety wise of a two ship.

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Post by RobBurson »

a64pilot wrote:When's he wanting to go? I might could be conned into it again, especially since I didn't make it all the way the first time. I like the idea, safety wise of a two ship.
Me and James from BCP.org are going August 1-20 Kotsabue, Fairbanks, Anchorage, Talkeetna, Gustuve, Denali, Lake Clark.

Anyone who wants to meet along the way or fly different legs, it will be fun!

64 ??

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

I'll try, can't promise,such a trip from the southeast isn't cheap or short