New Airport

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
Outback

New Airport

Post by Outback »

I have received notification from the Federales that my home strip is now designated as NM30, AKA Porcupine Ridge. They say that it will take several weeks to show up on charts and databases. Once it shows up you will see why I chose the username "Outback". I started the registration process on their website about mid-November and finished the process today. Not bad for dealing with the FAA. Unfortunately, my hangar remains empty as N56294 is suffering from a failed audio panel and remains at KAEG. I've been snowed in for about two days, and will be mudded in for about to more, so progress is slow.

DeltaRomeo
100+ Posts

Post by DeltaRomeo »

Congratulations on the new Identifier! Would love to come visit, hopefully when your Maule is properly home! Yours would be a good stop along the way to our place in the Zuni's.
M5

TxAgfisher
100+ Posts

Post by TxAgfisher »

Where about in NM is it?
TJ Van Matre

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

Let's have a fly-in! I'm familiar with that area, where abouts is it?
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

Outback

Post by Outback »

Porcupine Ridge is about 16 miles NE of Pie Town, NM. The sectional currently shows Elk Valley within 1 mile of me. Elk Valley is in the process of being de-listed at the owners request, and has been unusable for several years. Let me know any time you'd like to stop here.

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

Oh I see, not far from Candy kitchen then. I've always wanted to find the lightning field from the air but no luck.
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

Outback

Post by Outback »

Rezrider: When the sunlight is right, I can see the Lightning Fields cabin from my back deck. I have never been able to pick out the lightning rods from my house. I am several miles away and they just don't reflect much this direction.