Maule Owner Opens FBO at KINK

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
LCDRLES

Maule Owner Opens FBO at KINK

Post by LCDRLES »

Short note to let everyone know I have taken over management of Winkler County Airport, Wink, TX (KINK).
We are in process of opening an FBO (Fandango Air, LLC) and will obviously cater to Maule pilots!!
We plan to have very competitive pricing on fuel (just lowered 100LL to $4.33), as well as a courtesy car, etc.
More to come!
Hope to see some fellow Maule pilots on the ramp!

I own a M5 180C, N5654B

Les Bullard
(432) 294-4247

DeltaRomeo
100+ Posts

Post by DeltaRomeo »

I bet we could make that work: we stop at E11 or HOB to get fuel enroute to GUP. It is a little farther SW for the White Sands MR dance around that comes up after SRR. Lots of Gov't airspace to work around in NM...
M5

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Man it is FLAT out there. Had an uncle that lived in Crain. I can see where the Flat Earther's come from! I'd probably feel the same way if I grew up out there! I'm guessing that was an old military field at one time?
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

LCDRLES

Post by LCDRLES »

Yes sir, it’s an old Army Air Corps field.
It was an auxiliary field for the Pyote Army Air Field where B-17 and B-29 crews trained.
Lots of wide, long runways.
Lots of high winds.
....great for Maule crosswind training.

mauledrvr

Post by mauledrvr »

Bought a Maule in Brownfield Texas in 2000....
The red sand/dirt would be all drifted up on the right side of the road in the morning and then all drifted to the other side in the afternoon, always blowin'.
Good Luck with the new adventure! See ya someday, you've been warned.