Registering private airstrip

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
DeltaRomeo
100+ Posts

Registering private airstrip

Post by DeltaRomeo »

I'm looking to submit the completed forms to the FAA regional office for us (Ft Worth) and can find no means to deliver the 7480-1 online. I had read a thread about a year ago where someone here did just that but searching does not pull up the thread. Navigating the FAA website only indicates mailing hard copy.
M5

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Shove it in the mail. Can't take but a couple of days. Then after those couple of days follow up with a phone. Probably need to do that even if you sent it electronically. We know who we're dealing with.

And then...the waiting before it shows up on a chart. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Dave in NC we have a person at our transportation dept that helped me with the forms. You may want to check and see if you have the same in Texas.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

Undaunted
100+ Posts

Post by Undaunted »

I just went thru this process. Personally I would not mail it, it will get lost. Scan and email to the right person. THE SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE GREASE.

I agree with finding the contact at your state level, with whom you have probably already filed. (FAA here required that before they would look at my stuff). He/she can help you get this thru faster. 7480-1 is for the design, construction and review of your runway and the form 5010 is the form once completed and used to get it on the sectional.

You can go online and find the contact at the FAA for your state. I think this is the general number for Tx: Texas Airports District Office (ASW-650)
Office: 817-222-5650 Fax: 817-222-5987. I would call them and discuss it, talk to and then get the email to the person that is the " Program Manager - Airport Engineer Federal Aviation Administration" . This is who will push this thru for you. It worked much better once I had that person and could scan and email these forms to him. This will take MONTHS off the process.

53WI Heyoka Field will be in the next sectional (or so they tell me).

Good luck.
1999 M7-235C