Bar Harbor

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
stvnnelson

Bar Harbor

Post by stvnnelson »

Hi all you East Coast folks. Montana Maule guy flying m6 to the Bar Harbor area in early October. Any suggestions on a place top visit other than Bar Harbor. Maybe less tourist traffic with the same feel.

paradirr

Post by paradirr »

Bar Harbor is about a 15-20 minute ride from Trenton where the airport is located. There are few nice places similar. Rockland is nice about same drive into town may be able to contract Penobscot Island Air about vehicle or ride in and out of town at very least. In October the island should be slowing down so Bar Harbor shouldn't be that busy. There will be some nice flying in central and northern Maine that time of year. Swing by Old Town that is where I am based would love to bring a fellow Maule pilot out to some of the strips around the area.

Roger

Goomba

Bar Harbor area

Post by Goomba »

Stop in KIWI Wiscassett about 30 minutes west on the coast. We make hospitality our mission. I'll still be on floats near by but the hangout at the hangers is still active, particularly Thursday eves.
"Bucket lists RULE!"
1972 M4-220C

Victor Gennaro
100+ Posts

Post by Victor Gennaro »

1p1 in Plymouth NH is a very nice strip. 2300 ft. great grass. Nice town, beautiful lakes and Mountains. Look me up.