Chilly Chili

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
gbarrier
100+ Posts

Chilly Chili

Post by gbarrier »

Might be a little early to be sure about the weather but for Maulers close enough to converge net Saturday is Chilly Chili down at Triple Tree (SC00).

http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/chil ... fly-in.php

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

I'll be traveling to Virginia for my mother-in-law's 91st birthday - if I want to stay married.

Last time I flew into Triple Tree two airplanes that weren't following the published approach procedure cut me off at the last minute. Fortunately, I saw them and expected them to do something stupid so I was ready for it. Too bad I hadn't yet equipped the Maule with that mini-gun. Have fun but be careful!
Andy
1986 MX7-180

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Oh man, I understand that mother in law thing. You have no choice. And yes, that's about as large of a gathering as I care to fly in to. Makes me nervous.

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

The problem with having fun is you have to pay for it. I'll be busy next week . I think I can get that airbus into Triple tree it's getting it back out that maybe the problem. No I can't make any low passes either that doesn't work so well in the bus. Have fun I'm sure the grandson is good to go. 😄
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

Triple Tree is on my to do list sooner rather then later but I'm booked solid every weekend through February.
Can you land at Triple Tree anytime ? Is permission needed ? Is there a restaurant on field or nearby?
The best Government, is less Government.

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Triple Tree is only open by invitation. I think it is three times a year, this being one of them. No other access. You are at the mercy of the food, etc. sold there for those three events.

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

That's too bad that you just can't drop in and roll out on 7000' of grass that I'ave heard would put a PGA fare way to shame.
At 7000'you could get current with one lap in the pattern 8)
The best Government, is less Government.