We are big time now

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
Kland

Post by Kland »

Pilot, don't think we have ever met but I'm from south of BTR. My son and I have attended the pine bluff pancake a few times as well as several other things around the area. Always love to meet meet taildragger guys if you are ever at BTR or Any other airports in that area. Look me up.
Where is your place at? Hard to see it on the Satilitte map. Is it south of the large radio towers east of forest hill?

Kevin

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

According to the FAA, the CBD of Forest Hill is 6mi SE of me, but it is almost due East. I"m shocked - Forest Hill has a CBD!

This is me: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Richm ... 043bbf4165

Well at least I got the map correct, but it is not in Texas!!!

Google "Richmond Plantation Louisiana" should find me......
I can't remember if I fired six shots, or only five.....

M-5 220c, circa 1974
EAA #428061

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

Well well. After more crying and begging I think progress is being made. I got a call yesterday from a super nice and helpful FAA person, looks like I am going to be on the Feb. chart. When I submitted my 5010 master airport record I included the comment "Non-Maule aircraft not recommended unless pilot skill level is sufficient." I really wonder if that will print :)

M-5 220c, circa 1974
EAA #428061

TxAgfisher
100+ Posts

Post by TxAgfisher »

Awesome! Sounds like another good semi-local spot for some Texans to visit!
TJ Van Matre

Stinger
100+ Posts

Post by Stinger »

pilot wrote:Well well. After more crying and begging I think progress is being made. I got a call yesterday from a super nice and helpful FAA person, looks like I am going to be on the Feb. chart. When I submitted my 5010 master airport record I included the comment "Non-Maule aircraft not recommended unless pilot skill level is sufficient." I really wonder if that will print :)
I know of a private airstrip that recently got removed from the sectionals and databases because there had been no upkeep or use of it for what looked like 20+ years. The remark that was printed on the info was: "RATTLESNAKES MAY BE ON RWYS--ESPECIALLY ON SUNNY DAYS DURING COOL WEATHER. DISTURBED SNAKES MAY PUNCTURE ACFT TIRES."

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

BOOM! Got my FAA letter today, 07LA will be charted Feb. 1, 2018!!!!!!!!!

M-5 220c, circa 1974
EAA #428061

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

I am going to have to hide this google maps picture from the bride or it is going to be a long flight from Seattle to Richmond Plantation.

Beautiful place. AND your own strip.

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

Horses too - you are welcome anytime :)

www.louisianahorserescue.com

M-5 220c, circa 1974
EAA #428061

DeltaRomeo
100+ Posts

Post by DeltaRomeo »

How do you keep the horses from tearing up the airstrip? This is an ongoing battle with my wife; it seems the horses have determined that the only grass on the entire ranch that is edible is the 1/2 acre of the airstrip. Horses being notorious spot grazers won't stop until they've ate everything down to a nub and pulled it out be the roots. To make matters worse, we're in heavy clay soil and guess where the horses play when its muddy... I have to roll the hoof tracks out when the soil moisture is just right; not too wet it sticks but just soft enough that the tires roll out the hoof track edges. My guess you are in sandy or sandy loam soil in Louisiana.
M5

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

Yep, sandy loam. I guess they have enough room that they don't mess with the runway too much. It is well drained also which helps. If any of my friends come by for a low pass the horses leave in a full blown panic, so maybe they are kinda suspicious of the runway. I need to figure out a way to make a wide gate for planes to get through to the hangar area - we do use electric fence so maybe something along those lines.

I have about half of the runway disked up right now, going to hit it with the land level again and maybe the sheepfoot roller. It was getting rough so I figured I would smooth it out before spring so all of my small-tire friends wouldn't complain so much :D

M-5 220c, circa 1974
EAA #428061

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

https://nfdc.faa.gov/webContent/nfdd/nf ... 21-245.pdf

Scroll down to Louisiana you will see "Richmond Plantation". Please read the remarks they posted!

M-5 220c, circa 1974
EAA #428061

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

" None Maule aircraft not recommend " now that's funny rite there :lol:
The best Government, is less Government.

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

You do good work

CaseyM
100+ Posts

Post by CaseyM »

CapnKirk, You just THOUGHT you we're big time before. Check this out! NOW you're really big time!

Photo: ATCMemes

NR42 - Laughing Crow (CAPTNKIRK's Place)
N1042Z
97' MX7-180C

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

There's something I like about that, but I just can't put my finger on it.

M-5 220c, circa 1974
EAA #428061