100LL in Anchorage area

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
skidooche

100LL in Anchorage area

Post by skidooche »

note to self.. DO NOT buy gas at Birchwood airport PABV. Cost $5.90/gal.
Not paying attention, assuming Anchorage avgas prices are all about the same.. I topped off my tanks! Noticed price while I was reeling in hose.. I'm all for companies making a profit, but that is just crap!

Palmer $4.67/gal Lake Hood $4.55/gal. I filled my bulk tanks for $3.92/gal delivered from Shoreside yesterday.
m7-235

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

WEEeew, that's quite a difference in price... It's been under $5 for a long time up here, and bulk about same as there... Guess they're paying for all the improvements around there on transients dime?
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Like some others here I ran an fbo for awhile so I tend to buy a few gallons when I'm at an airport all day, courtesy fuel. Other than that I try and shop my fuel pretty close, I'm lucky the closest airport to the house has some of the cheapest prices in the state. Fore flight is pretty good for looking up prices and I'll go out of the way to a degree to pickup cheap fuel. I did have to stop in Vegas to pick up my brother coming back with the m4. I just toped the mains for the next leg but at close to 7 bucks a gallon it hurt.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Ouch!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

Last summer, Nikolai was $13/gallon. McGrath was $8.25 not far apart mileage wise. Guess if you need it, you can get it.
Live it like its your last day.

JDW

Post by JDW »

The price the FBO charges for fuel I would guess depends a lot on the size of his tank & when he last had it filled. If he had it filled just before prices dropped he has to sell all of that fuel before he lowers prices?

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

That or take a loss. Either way, it's tough to find a win in there.
It was interesting to see some of the fuel prices in the SW. Naknek was $8.50, King Salmon was $9.25 and Illiamna was $7.65. It will be interesting to see what transipires this summer. Merill Field is $4.36 at the pump now. Willow is only $4.65 I heard.
When I bought the Peril and ferried home from OK to WA, I stopped in Four Corners for fuel and a stretch. With a cash discount, I paid $1.98 a gallon. I believe I still have that receipt.
Live it like its your last day.

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

I paid 3.92 last fill up at the closest airport to my place so I feel blessed by the petroleum gods
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

John Ashcroft
100+ Posts

Post by John Ashcroft »

My heart bleeds fo you guys, our fuel is quite cheap at the moment only $9.57 per US Gallon but if I apply the exchange rate it becomes $12.43

mountainflyer

Post by mountainflyer »

$9.57/us gal = 2.48 Litre (Aust dollar roughly same as Canadian dollar)

They want that price and more in northern Canada but luckily for us it is a bit cheaper down in the southern parts - ranges about $1.50 L

Have a look at 100LL.ca for updated prices.

John Ashcroft
100+ Posts

Post by John Ashcroft »

The only consolation I can find is the UK, I think they pay more than us

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

Geesh, I would be looking into one of those solar powered gliders at those prices.
I can't remember if I fired six shots, or only five.....

M-5 220c, circa 1974
EAA #428061