Trip to alaska

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

Danws wrote:Tommy, I'm also planning a trip to Alaska but planning on leaving mid July, if it works out maybe we can get together?

Dan
I want to come too! How do I quit my job but still get the paychecks?
:lol:
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Looks like you might be able to pull off a landing on a riverbank gravel bar if the water levels permit. It is a Canadian Provincial Park though, so I don't know how they would feel about that. It is well worth the stop if you can pull it off though.

Listen to Montana Maule if you've never been to Glacier NP. It is a must see. Glacier/Waterton on the Canadian side is awesome as well. If you can get up to Banff/Yoho/Jasper NP's in Canada... Incredible country.
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

TomD
100+ Posts

Alaska

Post by TomD »

Even if you are on wheels these guys probably can point you in the right direction about operating in provincial parks

http://www.bcfloatplaneassociation.com/

They have worked out a deal for landing on lakes in the parks and wheeled aircraft may have a similar deal.

TD

oldgoat

Re: Trip to alaska

Post by oldgoat »

Tommy wrote:Planning a trip to Alaska this June . Leaving Georgia in my Maule ,looking for any information that someone may have already made trip before.
Any information will be appropriated.

I made the trip from Georgia and happy to answer any questions you might have. made the trip in 6 days.... always leave time for weather.

oldgoat

Re: Trip to alaska

Post by oldgoat »

Tommy wrote:Planning a trip to Alaska this June . Leaving Georgia in my Maule ,looking for any information that someone may have already made trip before.
Any information will be appropriated.

Make the trip and happy to talk with you about it.
Oldgoat