Johnson Creek

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Johnson Creek

Post by Mountain Doctor »

I'm heading to Johnson Creek this week. I'll get there early Thursday morning and will be leaving early Sunday morning. Weather permitting...

If anyone is going to be in the area look for me and my yellow Maule. I'll bring extra beer for you.
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

We just got back from a two week trip through NE Utah/SE Idaho/SE Montana and all across western Wyoming. Sure would like to fly some of that country! Frigging HOT though!

I'd join you if I could! Have a good time for me!
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

just got back a week ago... after 10 days up there... have fun....
Iceman

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

Safe in Johnson Creek. Only 5 other planes here super quiet very nice. Cold and clear. Flew over a lot of clouds but once last LaGrande all clear. Thanks for your help Tom. Tomorrow or Saturday will fly out to some more airstrips.
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

Don't forget to post some pictures of your adventure for those of us too far away to make the flight in. We need to live vicariously through someone. This week, you are that pilot!
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

TomD
100+ Posts

johnson creek

Post by TomD »

Have fun. It looks perfect over there.

Check to see if Mackay Bar is open for breakfast. Good people and really nice place to fly into.

TD

jsperin

Post by jsperin »

I agree with Flyhound pictures would be nice for those of us to far away to enjoy those backcountry strips. :)

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

Dont fly into mackay bar. They have closed their strip to all but their high roller guests
Iceman

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

Flying b would be a good choice or sulphur ck
Iceman

TomD
100+ Posts

Mackay bar

Post by TomD »

Dont fly into mackay bar. They have closed their strip to all but their high roller guests
Damn!! Just confirmed on telephone that they only offer a dinner/lodging/breakfast package. Otherwise, no b'fast.

Too bad it is a very nice place to go and convenient to the Salmon river strips.

Maybe a few phone calls ( 208-413-2109) telling them that you are disappointed with their decision and it is probably a bad marketing move would help.

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

it was all discussed here or on BCP a year ago when the new owners took over.... they posted here they were going for a different clientelle.. we all figured our dollars weren't good enough for them... no loss as I see it... Elk City, Flying B, Smiley creek , Sulphur ck, Dixie town , and Root ranch are all fine stops and serve great bkfast....all that was expressed to them about their decision but it's their final decision and it's been that way since then... I flew over on the way to Elk City earlier this month .... no aircraft and looked the same .... didn't see any guests lounging on the beach either....
:roll:
Iceman

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

The big issue is the drop in's .... as a back country strip they can't just go fetch some extra real quick. They didn't come to this lightly they tried the reservation route but I don't think it worked :cry:

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

I know it's a problem but the other aforementioned bkfast stops seem to have it figured out... Sulphur Ck isn't any different than Mackay Bar.. They have paying guests and welcome us with open arms.. so the only thing I see they can't stock up on and keep for a long time is eggs... pancake batter is in a bag.. bread and bacon can be frozen.. as can most other foods....only time I see that they might need an over abundance of foodstuffs is during the big fly ins which happen early in the summer.... after that backcountry traffic slacks off significantly... just look at the JC web cam today... what 3 planes...it's their business decision and as we said a year ago time will tell if it was a wise one... I suspect they have a pretty good clientelle and apparently they don't miss the drop in bkfast crowd....but then it's only been a year....
Iceman

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

yep i agree..